Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / two question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2019 17:57 Edited at: 26th Mar 2019 18:21
Hi,
the first questios is for AppGameKit DEVELOPER: why for Augmented Reality you have chosen Google ARCore and not other Kit (for example Vuforia or ARToolkitX or other ) ?
ARcore is only for a number of limited device at moment. the list of device compatible is very poor . I have used Vuforia and ARToolKit with Unity and the app crated run on all device.
for example my P8 Lite 2017 smartphone is not supported and so I can't use ARCore :-(

Now the second question is:

is possible in AppGameKit Tier 1 create an app that recognizes the forms. ? I explain :
the app start and turn on the rear camera of smartphone, when camera see a simple form ( for example horizontal line , veritical or a square )
start an animation
I make an example:
When camera see an horizontal line, start an animation of a person that walk on line like as line was a floor.
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2019 05:55
For the 2nd question, yes that is somewhat possible but it's up to you to write the image processing necessary for the shape detection. Overlaying graphics on top of the camera I'm not sure about. I haven't played with that before so I'm not certain on how it pulls the camera image.
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Purple Token - Free online hi-score database
Legend of Zelda

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2019 06:04
For the second question i would suggest you check out the AR commands (Prefixed by AR) and the AR example provided with AGK
on windows
C:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators\AGK2\Projects\Extras\ARDemo
darzon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2019 18:33
thank you to all.

blink0k , I cannot use AR Command in AGK2 because as I say in my first post, my smartphone (huawei P8 lite 2017 ) don't support Google ARCore
so i ask if someone had an example source code (maded in AppGameKit tier 1) for form recognition without using ARCore.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 12:40:02
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 12:40:02