Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Request: Add EditBox fields to scene designer

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2019 15:24
I'd love to use the scene designer to lay out some edit fields, to provide users with ways to input text for name entry, editing tools, chat windows, and so on. Making such layouts in pure code goes from an annoying chore to basically a nightmare depending on layout complexity.

The EditBox objects have font size and edit field size in pixels through commands already. So I don't think it would be much of a stretch to offer adding them to scenes like the string objects. The scene editor could have a few extra properties to control the more obscure features, such as character limits and multi-line properties. We would also need a way to get them by ID tag of course, to allow us to react to input properly.
Zigi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2019 20:24 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2019 20:24
I think it is something eventually coming. We can already drag 'n drop buttons in to a scene. Would be nice to have a visual GUI editor eventually with tick boxes, input fields, drop downs, lists..etc.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 11:58:03
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 11:58:03