Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / OpenToRead( ID, szFile ) Method Bug?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

I ported my project to the new IDE and I noticed that none of my save files would no longer load. I was using the OpenToRead( ID, szFile ) variant to load the file and tested it with FileIsOpen and it reported that the file did not open. I swapped over to integer OpenToRead( szFile ) and the file would then load. Is the first method broken? Example of broken code below.

blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2019 02:34
I don't think that zero is a valid file handle
boldpaste2
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, Tried values 1 and 5. No dice. Also just noticed that the SetVSync I had in the code is also not overriding SetSyncRate when the same code works just fine in the original IDE. Hmmmm...
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2019 03:43
1 worked fine for me
boldpaste2
Years of Service
User Offline
I am going to chime in on my stupidity

I kept specifying filename$ = "LostBitEngine.ini" where, on closer inspection of the file it is actually filename$ = " LostBitEngine.ini". Rouge space. So sorry about that >.<

As far as the vsync is concerned, ran the code on my laptop and it started working. Moved to my desktop and it would no longer work. The desktop is a gsync display so maybe it has to do something with that? Oh well... Would love a command to check if vsync is actually running or not.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 13:09:36
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 13:09:36