Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / So anyone pre-ordered AGK Studio?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't like pre-ordering much. I mean, I have no idea what I'm actually buying.
Deeper shader integration sounds good. But $59 for that is a bit much.
Quote: "new Vulkan rendering graphics engine will bring modernisation and future proofing to your apps" ... but where does that place AppGameKit, if this one, as I understand things, have an outdated graphic engine?

I wonder, does the Studio thing it work with various DLC's, such as AppGameKitVR?
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2019 11:03 Edited at: 4th Apr 2019 11:03
I pre-ordered. Maybe have a look at the sneak peak videos. From this one (Sneak peak #6) on wards are pretty good
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 4th Apr 2019 11:13
of course!

it's so much fun.
wish there were animation controls, did everything by code but placed with the scene editor. super easy.
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2019 11:15
Classic I imagine (just my opinion and speculation) will probably get less attention once Studio is officially released, aside from updates to make sure it still works with the latest operating system, so if you like AppGameKit and use it a lot, you're probably going to have to move to Studio eventually anyway, so you might as well just buy it now while it's discounted. $59 isn't a bad price considering what you're getting and how often you'd use it etc.

I have Studio, but at the moment I don't like it (honest opinion) and still use Classic, but I like the direction it's going and I'm hoping/expecting that it will be more usable once it's officially released and all of the bugs and annoyances are squashed.
OryUI - A WIP AGK2 UI Framework
basicFanatic
Years of Service
User Offline
That looks good. Color me tempted!
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2019 11:27
Sneak peak #7 is pretty cool too
PSY
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2019 06:32 Edited at: 6th Apr 2019 06:32
Ordered the instant I heard of it

PSY LABS Games
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return
Kakise
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2019 07:17
Ordered right after I had access to the private alpha, it convinced me.
PCG Lover
Using AppGameKit Tier 1&2

My creations:

[Tier 1 PLUGIN] Wave Function Collapse for Tier 1
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2019 11:36
Zappo
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2019 15:53
I have pre-ordered. I don't use it yet but want to switch over when it is officially launched. The IDE has some very cool, time-saving features.

Remember, OpenGL is based on old technology and was introduced in the early days of 3D graphics cards. There are better ways of doing things now so Windows PC's are moving over to the much newer Vulkan for better performance and future proofing. Apple is deprecating OpenGL entirely in MacOS, iOS and tvOS but have created their own competing system called Metal. OpenGL is still there right now but I understand they aren't supporting it and it will be removed at some point in the future (possibly a couple of years from now).

Incidentally, does anyone know if AGK2 Studio has plans to support Metal? If Apple want to attract big studio and indie games to their platform (especially as they seem to be showing an interest in a gaming subscription service recently) then they may have to backtrack and allow support for Vulkan or at least Vulkan-to-Metal wrappers. Just my thoughts

Chart data provided with kind permission from ELSPA
Zigi
Years of Service
User Offline
I have pre-ordered it simply because I think AppGameKit is great and I did want to support the development in general, they really did not ask for a lot considering we get the tool to keep forever and free updates for at least 6-12 months I would expect. I was also very interested in the level editor, I can't really say I am impressed, but it is working and it is only an alpha. There is still time to improve it if TGC is listening to our feedbacks and suggestions.

What I am impressed with actually is the debugger, it got some really useful features and the ability to expose variables to the IDE and change values during live preview to fine tune few things.
I am very optimistic about AGKS.

The way I see it, with Studio you get everything the Classic has to offer and more. Told, after the release they also going to add/keep fallback to OpenGL renderer in case you want to support older devices and all platform going to be supported too.
Rick Nasher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2019 17:47
Pre-ordered too.
To further support AppGameKit dev and also found the new IDE appears pretty useful for quickly creating 2D games(in which I'm not really interested), but *also* interfaces , think launch screens etc.

I've seen some other development platforms and understand this is a necessary step for TGC to make before they move onto adding new stuff to the AppGameKit command set, which is a bit of a let down for me personally, but I think I really do get why and what they're trying to achieve.
Crazy Programmer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2019 18:51
Puchased right after the release

The new scene editor is coming along, still needs lots of work but will get there. I am liking where this is going.
Download My Games for Android. Made with AGK.
Jellyfish Dive- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_JellyFishSwim
Brick Destroyer - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_BrickDestroyer
Ping Bong - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_Pong_Ping_Bong
DannyD
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, ordered....
Parry
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2019 15:39 Edited at: 9th Apr 2019 15:40
I ordered first day it was available with the money I made from the profit from my game made with AGK. Looking forward to many more years of programming with AGK.
DavidAGK
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, pre-ordered pretty much as soon as it came out. Will stick with classic until studio is ready but wanted to support TGC. They deliver so much for the money IMO.
Using Tier 1 AppGameKit V2
Started coding with AMOS (Thanks Francois Lionet)
GH69
Years of Service
User Offline
I pre ordered it last month despite only getting AppGameKit in November last year, and not having used that very much yet either. It has however got me closer to making a complete game than ever before.
Unfortunately the degugging in AppGameKit is abysmal and with no improvements likely, upgrading to Studio is about the only option open. Hopefully it will bring many other new features, I just hope the documentation is good.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 17:30:38
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 17:30:38