Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Adding a little detail to my upcoming games, need your thoughts

Author
User Banned
Posted: 11th Apr 2019 07:08 Edited at: 11th Apr 2019 07:10
I have some new games in my arsenal and they took about one week...

What are your thoughts on adding "Built in three days" text somewhere in the intro...

Like adding some explanation on how the game was built how much time it took how much money it cost etc...

What will you think if seeing something like that at the start of a game...

With some tweens and a cool bitmap font.
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2019 08:28
Is this shown on games that you're releasing on the different stores? If so, I don't think the typical user that's downloading it will care how long it took to make or how it was made etc. not as an intro anyway. Maybe an about page in the game.
OryUI - A WIP AGK2 UI Framework
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2019 08:48
I agree with Kevin but would also add that it may be counter-productive.
You seem to think that being able to make a game in a weekend is a good bragging point, and to a developer it is. But the people that you want to buy your game may think very differently.
Would you rather pay for a game that was knocked together in a weekend or pay the same amount for a game that took two years to develop?
To me, the game that took two years to develop suggest much higher quality. The weekend production hasn't even had time to be fully beta tested and may well be riddled with bugs.
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 11th Apr 2019 08:57
hmmm a game in 2 or 3 days, no one would care and I would think, well not much thought gone into that and never purchase it. harsh but true. let's get real.
Professional Programmer, languages: SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, DBPro, Purebasic, JavaScript, others
Amon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2019 13:42
I think a game in 3 days is cool. I'd brag also.

If people didn't like me bragging about it, well; Their words would bounce off my ego like bullets off superman.
Win 10 Pro - AMD RYZEN 7 Octacore 3.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 - RTX 2070 8GB

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 22:33:44
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 22:33:44