Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Built games sometimes crash at loading screen

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Half-Life: WAR
Posted: 14th Apr 2019 17:53
Hello, my built games sometimes crash at loading screens, they don't leave any error message, they just close, can someone help?
hi, i'm a random guy who's making random games with random game engines for random reasons
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2019 20:49
ScooT9 I'm going to assume your using BI mod, and that you have already checked to make sure all your files copied over correctly
during the build...yes? Try running your game with compatibility settings all "unchecked" Maybe only give it Admin rights to run???
Are you using win10? I am, and that always helps to run my builds without a hitch. Try it and see
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Location: You know that space between a dresser and the floor ? Yeah, that's where
zbigniewpaczek
Years of Service
User Offline
Does it freeze and then exit? If yes add systemmemorycapoff=1 under [GAMEMAKE] in setup.ini.
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2019 00:44
do i have to add that to setup.ini in my game's directory or in fps creator's directory?
hi, i'm a random guy who's making random games with random game engines for random reasons
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2019 00:48
@ ScooT9 "systemmemorycapoff=x" is in the setup.ini. Make it a =1 to turn off memory cap.
Have you tried any other suggestions ? Is it still crashing ?
Location: You know that space between a dresser and the floor ? Yeah, that's where
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2019 07:49
I know how to do that, i was just asking if i should turn off memory cap in setup.ini that is inside fps creator's folder or my game's folder
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2019 15:20
ScooT9 Do/try both, since you already built your game try turning it off for the builds setup.ini and test run.
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2019 19:20
there is no "systemmemorycapoff" in my game's setup.ini
sbegley001
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2019 19:37
Try adding it at the bottom
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2019 23:54 Edited at: 18th Apr 2019 23:55
Quote: "there is no "systemmemorycapoff" in my game's setup.ini"

That's right, I forgot It's only for when one builds a game. Your going to have to add it to your setup.ini then "rebuild"
your game. BUT, that isn't why your game crashes since it's built already. There's another culprit I believe
If you want to ??? ( your choice ) and if the game isn't too big, upload it somewhere and send a link so we can test it out on another machine, worth a shot.
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2019 06:24
i have now found out that the crashes no longer happen if i load a saved game
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2019 14:43
ScooT9
Quote: "the crashes no longer happen if i load a saved game"

Ok, you need to dig a little deeper and see what's going on. Maybe your "New Game" loading script is messed up
And the Saved Game script is ok ???
Do/did you make custom images, scripts or anything else custom for your "New Game" loading scripts ....or anything else custom made that could effect this ???
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2019 15:02 Edited at: 21st Apr 2019 15:03
Go to setup and change this line imageblockmode=1 to imageblockmode=0 and see if that helps sometimes this mode does not work right with large maps.

Then rebuild your game and test.

best s4real
Amd fx4100,6gb ram,geforce 450
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2019 21:55
ncmako well the crash doesn't happen when loading level 1, only the later levels, so my new game script is not broken

s4real i will see if that works
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2019 10:45
s4real that didn't work, the game still crashes
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2019 00:51 Edited at: 6th May 2019 14:02
I was doing a lot of testing on this recently.

There are things you can do for building larger and more detailed maps in FPSC like systemmemorycapoff, however this is no longer something I recommend.

What you find is the level can be compiled but will become unstable after multiple loads. As an example, the docks demo for black ice mod used to be around 1800mb but would crash after several games in the same session.

After reducing the map to around 1500mb it became a lot more stable. Due to the way FPSC uses memory you really need to limit the amount used per map for a stable executable otherwise they are prone to crashing. There is a commercial FPSC game just released on Steam called Crimson Metal and the developer said the same thing that he improved stability by keeping the maps around this size.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2019 14:07
So if you've not seen already please visit the latest Black Ice Mod post:
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/214817?page=13#msg2643993

We've just released v10.6 which makes a lot of fixes to memory issues in FPSC.

You'll notice when testing and building games in this version the memory usage is calculated far more accurately. We've also added some cleanup code to prevent memory leaks when loading and saving games.
The new system is so much more efficient it reduced our showcase demo compile from 1.5GB to 1GB.

Here is the latest docks demo using Black Ice Mod v10.6 and Vishnu Studio:
http://www.blackicemod.org/files/DocksDemov1.2.zip
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2019 23:00
Thanks for the link!
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2019 00:18
Okay, i have installed the newest patch, ran fps creator cleaner and built the game with 5 levels and it now crashes at level 4's loading screen, here is the log file's contents:
[COMMON]
PathToEXE=C:\PROGRAMY\The Game Creators\FPS Creator\MyGames\kulf_01092019\Files\CrashOn_09_01_19.txt
[CEXE]
m_dwRuntimeErrorDWORD=Internal Code:13002
m_dwRuntimeErrorLineDWORD=54014
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 1st Sep 2019 00:49
Is that the correct PathToExe?
What is the name of level 4 exe file?
Supermarket Killer: I got a bomb here! I'll kill her! I'll blow this whole place up!
Marion Cobretti: Go ahead. I don't shop here.
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2019 01:00
What do you mean? There are no seperate exe's for each level, every level is in one built game
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2019 01:16 Edited at: 1st Sep 2019 01:21
Just so we're clear, it crashes when playing and not when building. Correct?
All I can think of is to build it again and see if you get the same results. If you do, it's probably something in that level. If it crashes somewhere else, it's probably something in the build process. If it works, it was just a glitch in the matrix.

Also, when you say latest patch, do you mean Black Ice Mod?
If so, you can try going back to an earlier version and see if it works.
Supermarket Killer: I got a bomb here! I'll kill her! I'll blow this whole place up!
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2019 01:23
it doesn't crash while building and i have multiple builds of the game and it always crashes at level 4, so i'm going to see what crashes it

also by latest patch i mean black ice mod
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2019 01:29
Sounds like something in the level it doesn't like. Perhaps some home-made or 3rd party content?
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2019 18:40 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2019 18:40
I have read that disabling the memory cap increases the chances of the game crashing, is that true? Could that be the source of the crashes?
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2019 19:05
I thought it increased the chances of not building, but it is a possibility.
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2019 18:17
Okay, i have built the game with the cap on, and the game no longer crashes.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2019 21:16
Interesting, but not unexpected. Glad you sorted it out.
ScooT9
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2020 10:13
The problem is back, now the game just crashes when loading the 3rd level. Does anyone know how to fix that?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 10:49:30
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 10:49:30