Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / TGC Bundles

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2019 16:00 Edited at: 25th Apr 2019 16:03
Hi TGC,

This bundles page isn't very descriptive and doesn't show what you're buying, i.e. examples of assets in each bundle

https://www.thegamecreators.com/bundles

Also the "The Game Creators Collection" is less than half the price of AppGameKit - Premium Pack and it contains the same items plus more.

The Game Creators Collection (43.49)
Includes: AppGameKit, AppGameKit - Giant Asset Pack 1, AppGameKit - Giant Asset Pack 2, AppGameKit Official Tutorial Guide Vol 1, GameGuru, GameGuru - Mega Pack 1, GameGuru - Mega Pack 2

Buy AppGameKit - Premium Pack (91.99)
Includes: AppGameKit, AppGameKit - Giant Asset Pack 1, AppGameKit - Giant Asset Pack 2, AppGameKit Official Tutorial Guide Vol 1

Do people buy from this page? I think showing what's actually in each bundle would help with sales. Otherwise people are buying blindly. I know that Steam show some screenshots but you can't even access the Steam listings from this page.

And the two price differences are strange to have on the same page
OryUI - A WIP AGK2 UI Framework
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2019 10:20
So I bought the "The Game Creators Collection" blindly without knowing what's really inside it. I will get to see later on when home if there's anything in it that I might one day use in non game apps.

It was an honest post above TGC, your bundles page can't be working well as a selling page as you can't see what's inside, and your pricing is mixed up with packages being cheaper than those that contain a lot less.
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 30th Apr 2019 11:09 Edited at: 30th Apr 2019 16:09
agreed, I also noted that some bundles with less were more costly. why? is this some random value generated automatically, I hope not.
Professional Programmer, languages: SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, DBPro, Purebasic, JavaScript, others
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2019 14:06 Edited at: 30th Apr 2019 14:11
TGC's marketing really can't be helping their sales.
I emailed Rick Vanner over a year ago to point out that it is near impossible to find the Asset Packs that they have for sale. His reply was simply to provide me with a link to where you can buy them.
I didn't want to buy them (I already own them) I was trying to point out that they can't be found unless you ask for a link.
Try it, it's a 'fun' game!
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2019 13:39 Edited at: 1st May 2019 13:46
I realise this is the wrong board but wanted to mention how good Game Guru seems from my limited play around. No idea if I'd use it but it looks like the tool I'd explore if I were to look at a 3D game/app. I haven't began to look to see if there's any scripting side to it

I'm mentioning it here as it was in the bundle I bought blindly from the TGC bundles page.

I don't think I'd find use for many of the game assets in pack 1 and 2. Liked the 3d dice and the cards, although not impressed they stamped the ace of spades with the TGC and the game creators. That would definitely be photoshopped out
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 1st May 2019 14:01
Been using GameGuru since it was in development under FPSC reloaded and have developed some tools for it etc. It uses LUA as the scripting language and you would need to learn it to get any decent gameplay out of it. It has bugs, but the open source is available on GitHub should you wish to contribute to it's further development.
Professional Programmer, languages: SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, DBPro, Purebasic, JavaScript, others
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2019 15:39 Edited at: 1st May 2019 15:40
Quote: "This bundles page isn't very descriptive and doesn't show what you're buying, i.e. examples of assets in each bundle"

I'm unsure what you mean you can see what products are included in each bundle. Do you mean show what is in each product in the bundle?

Quote: "Also the "The Game Creators Collection" is less than half the price of AppGameKit - Premium Pack and it contains the same items plus more."

This is because it is currently on special offer it is normally £145.45 which is more than the Premium Pack.

The bundles page is simply intended as a simple list of all the bundles TGC offer so you can compare what is in each and get the cheapest one at the time, it is not a full product page for each.
Windows 10, Intel i7 4.2 GHz, 16GB DDR4, NVIDIA RTX 2060

Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2019 16:19 Edited at: 1st May 2019 16:27
You can see the names of each product in the bundles, but let's assume you're looking for the first time and that's the page you stumble on.

You wouldn't know what is in "AppGameKit - Giant Asset Pack 1". There's not a link to another page to show more detail about that pack. I only know roughly what's in it because I've seen it somewhere else. A simple link to this page would fix that: https://www.appgamekit.com/dlc/giant-asset-pack-1

And sale or not, it makes no sense to include these two bundles on the same page when the smaller bundle is over double the price (see attached screenshot)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2019 16:28
A fair point I will suggest to the team that we make the product names clickable.

Quote: "And sale or not, it makes no sense to include these two bundles on the same page when the smaller bundle is over double the price (see attached screenshot)"

As previously mentioned this page is simply a list of all the TGC bundles, it is providing the full line-up. You can easily see what bundles there are and what the current prices are. The offers are the same on Steam where the exact same situation exists and you can see bigger bundles for cheaper often.
Windows 10, Intel i7 4.2 GHz, 16GB DDR4, NVIDIA RTX 2060

Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2019 16:46
Quote: "As previously mentioned this page is simply a list of all the TGC bundles, it is providing the full line-up. You can easily see what bundles there are and what the current prices are. The offers are the same on Steam where the exact same situation exists and you can see bigger bundles for cheaper often."

Fair enough. I'm sure it's been like that for a long time. Just wanted to raise that I find it strange. Personally I think bundles should be removed from the page when larger bundles are on sale and cheaper. It could look like to some that you're hoping that they don't see/understand the bundles and buy the £91 one.
Xaby
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2019 06:45
First Person Shooter Creater Classic Bonanza All Over again

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 05:16:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 05:16:08