Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Is it safe to move my project to AGK Studio?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi guys,

I am developing my game for Android devices, it's a mix of 2D and 3D graphics, it's 70% done, and I desperately want to use some of the Studio features. Is it safe to migrate my project to Studio version? I know that AppGameKit Classic files are fully compatible with Studio version, I am just afraid that if something went wrong in Studio I will not be able to work with that files in stable Classic version.
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 3rd May 2019 12:44
yes and also vise versa (for now)
DavidAGK
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
I've wondered this as I've been coding a platform game for 4 years now and so really don't want to mess things up!! My guess is you're safer moving from classic to studio than studio to classic as the studio version will have additional features eventually. So, for me, I'll be sticking with the classic version I think until studio is at least a fully released product. I can see the temptation though! Studio looks way cooler and looks like it'll have some really useful coding features!
Using Tier 1 AppGameKit V2
Started coding with AMOS (Thanks Francois Lionet)
Takis76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2019 12:54
Just you are making backup of your game source code files in different directory and try to load your game from Application Game Kit Studio. If everything will be ok, then you continue to program with studio.
Dark Lord Beholder Project.
Role Playing Game like Lands of Lore 1 and Eye of the Beholder 2.
https://facebook.com/darklordbeholder

Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2019 23:53
Just work from a copy
http://games.joshkirklin.com/sulium

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.
DannyD
Years of Service
User Offline
Up to version 0.80 I use AppGameKit Studio to design my scenes, and code, and when export to android/html5 I open the project in AppGameKit Classis, and NO issues up to date.
Everything 100% backward compatible.

I think that might change soon, when they implement the Vulkan engine

Cheers
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2019 00:02
its very simple as studio creates a separate file for scenes and you have to call the functions to display them.
So you can load studio projects in to classic also with small changes.
Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2019 21:46
I had the same question......I bought studio ages ago but haven't even downloaded it yet, was waiting for bugs or issues to iron out before taking the plunge. Well that, and the vulkan engine.....which should be soon now.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 16:23:29
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 16:23:29