Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Tablet PC's

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2003 16:28
As I am new to texturing and modelling I am confused with sketching the details of characters Paint programs.

Is a Tablet PC necessary or is it possible to sketch well with just a mouse?

Thanks,
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
It's not easy to draw with a mouse, but you don't have to have a tablet either. You could draw the outline on paper, and then scan the picture into your art package. If you don't have a scanner then you could either make 3d models and animate them, or get used to drawing with the mouse. If you have enough money for a tablet then you should get one. I don't have one, and I think I prefer the scanner method personally.

Pincho.
greenlig
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2003 13:52 Edited at: 26th Dec 2003 13:56
Using the mouse isnt as hard as you think... If you go for a looser feel to scetching, you can geta good outline to work from.

http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=22316&b=4
<----- example of mouse scetching

regards
Greenlig

I got best and fairest for soccer WHOOHOOO!
Lewiji
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a tablet, however I much prefer using the mouse in a high zoomed pixel-perfect manner.

<intelligent, witty comment here>
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2004 01:04
i'm still getting used to my tablet, however i have had a TabletPC for a while now and honestly i can't think of anything more perfect to sketch on

and i use Sketchbook Pro (found here) which quite honestly is one of the best tablet enabled programs there is.
Painter8 is also extremely good for using them...

really it's upto you you, i mean the mouse can be easi once your used to it; but then so can a tablet. just upto what you prefer to use.

Detonating a nuclear device within the city limits results in a $500 fine!
900mhz|256mb|FX5200Ti 52.16|Dx9|WXP-Pro

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-12 13:06:40
Your offset time is: 2024-05-12 13:06:40