Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / IDE very slow

Author
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2019 04:57
Haven't used AppGameKit in awhile and went to launch it the other day to find out it was missing from my computer! I had to reinstall it from steam, which also forced a updated version. The editor is now so slow, simply scrolling the code I can see panel redrawing. Typing works fine, it's not slowed at all. But the drawing of the ide window is horrible.
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Purple Token - Free online hi-score database
Legend of Zelda

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2019 06:19 Edited at: 21st May 2019 06:21
If it's a mac then yeah, that's a known problem. Is it possible to get an older version on steam?
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2019 21:09
I'm not sure but I can take a look. And it's on Win10 with way more than enough power.
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Purple Token - Free online hi-score database
Legend of Zelda

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2019 22:42
The windows version works fine for me. Maybe try completely uninstalling it (including deleting the /Program files directory) and reinstalling it
Qube_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2019 05:40 Edited at: 3rd Jun 2019 06:21
The Mac version of AppGameKit Classic slowed down after version 2018-07-12 ( retina issue? ). In the later versions you can copy the Geany bin files across to restore the speed but Paul says this breaks certain mobile exports due to API changes. Paul also said he doesn't know where the issue is which is fair enough as he didn't code the API of the IDE.

I can confirm that AppGameKit Studio doesn't have this issue on Mac and the IDE flies along. However the issue still remains in Studio as it does with Classic that the non synced FPS has been reduced by hundreds of FPS in subsequent versions of AGK. Some of us have reported this issue but as far as I can see there has been no official response to it as all resources are set on Studio. There also remains a vSync bug as also reported by myself and others but again I think these issues are on hold until Studio is out the door.

I can understand priorities being put into a new product but I hope these old issues are addressed soon as they have been present for almost a year now. Many won't have noticed it but for those who develop and keep an eye on FPS usage certain do notice that 2018-07-12 is faster than the latest versions of classic and studio ( Including FPS run in Studio ).

*edit* - Just to clarify, none of these issues are show stoppers and the new Studio IDE is a huge leap forward and a joy to use. It's like discovering AppGameKit all over again with a pro IDE. For those still on Classic go buy AppGameKit Studio as the more that do buy it the more guarantee we have that AppGameKit gets better and better.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 22:51:12
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 22:51:12