Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2019 22:51
Ive never used a shader before but i am in need of several at the moment. so my question is do shaders have to be specifically written for a AppGameKit or are there shaders from dbpro or non related tgc shaders i can implement? im pretty new to shaders but i need a fog effect not the fog that come with agk. simple water, point shader possibley and if it exists sunshaft shader. if anyone knows of where to find one of these I would appreciate a link. if not if its possible to use an unrelated opensource or free license shader with agk im all ears on how i might implement them. im a decent programmer but I've never dabbled in shaders and if they are as easy as everyone says they are to write I would imagine they would be all over the place or come standard with agk. unless I'm majorly overlooking a resource. thank you.
A child's dream never dies.

thesimpleguy
Years of Service
User Offline
This may help for good GLSL language

https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/214598

have a good peruse

Golelorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2019 02:52 Edited at: 29th May 2019 02:53
I think Janbo has all those in his AppGameKit shaders bundle. GameGuru Loader also has shaders.

Both are worth their weight in gold for learning from two legends. They actually don't weigh anything, so maybe not the best analogy.
smerf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2019 03:32
I did not find any shaders created buy bongo In the tgc store other then a grid shader that had no explanation of use or purpose. I couldn't find any shaders using the search function. I was actually unaware tgc had a store I've never seen a link to it from the home page
A child's dream never dies.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 13:31:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 13:31:59