Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Vitium

Author
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 4th Jun 2019 07:30 Edited at: 6th Aug 2019 04:19
Building the core of this game at the moment a space rts multiplayer small universe 400 star systems for starters and and numerous planets. Have a good start currently set up to generate a asteroid field and a random sun using diff color images along with naming them all positioning obit targets and field position. Done with two lines of code any time i want to place a new field. adding resources to asteroids next then going to add generation of planets and different types of stars quasars black holes and nubula. been working steady few hours a day for a little over a week but im very happy with results. end goal is going to be a polished small scale mmo that has a heavy focus on guilds and pvp. want to add guild territories controlled areas and the ability to build massive guild structures using a lego type modular build system for ships and structures. have no plans atm for ground based flight or mechanics on planets till much later

Testing the star field with a few thousand suns. havnt added any culling or randomness to them yet really been building server lately

new char screen im working on

test of asteroid names making sure they work correctly track and follow the correct order given.

Finished most of the new user screen, added tab ability to cycle through items, check password string to validate before submitting and a some string checking for validation of email to prevent server from sending out spam.

Signature removed for breach of size rules
Signature images may not be any larger than a total of 600x120 pixels in size.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2019 02:56
Will the combat be 100% based on space flight, or will there be a mixture of on the ground warfare?
smerf
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 6th Aug 2019 03:05
for now i dont plan to expand to terrain based or inner atmosphere combat. however if i have time remaining i will definitely look into implementing it. this is a persistent universe and will be full of player made items. and structures that alone can be quite exciting. for combat. there will also be a npc faction in the game and unique enviroments.

Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2019 10:22
What type of perspective will be used, will it be third person based?
smerf
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 19th Aug 2019 01:28
1st or 3rd. perspective still working on the networking side nearly done though.

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2019 17:20 Edited at: 21st Aug 2019 17:21
What kind of flight mechanics are you planning? Arcade or space-physics type? I'm always a fan of games that do space-physics right, while still controlling some aspects so it feels arcady...make sense?
smerf
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 21st Aug 2019 18:02
ill be using near real space mechanics. momentum angular, velocity drag, gravitational pull, weight. and not so much arcade but not a simulator either. this is a 3d mmo essentially some objects that should exert a force will not just to simplify things. not going to make a player do complicated math to orbit a asteroid the're harvesting or anything.

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2019 17:22
I think it's a matter of balance between real world physics and arcade like physics, while at the same time using smoke and mirrors to trick the player into thinking your game uses complicated maths to navigate your ship.
smerf
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 22nd Aug 2019 17:39 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2019 17:56
ship flight controls can be a little bit tricky to get them to feel right and to get the ship to react the way you want it to. but eventually it will be highly polished. I've finished the login server and zone servers. I should be starting on multiplayer client programming this coming week. updated the gui a little while I was working on the server.
[Imgur](https://i.imgur.com/CsOc7ed.png)[/imgur]

Attachments

smerf
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 20th Sep 2019 07:10 Edited at: 8th Oct 2019 06:38
update to the login screen

Finished the login screen and servers, added some music and an active collision force-field wall, nice viewport to the universe background, auto loading of player characters and auto generation of buttons with player names

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2019-10-14 02:53:57
Your offset time is: 2019-10-14 02:53:57