Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / weird font inconsistency with text objects

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2019 23:46
I'm kind of just messing around this this isn't really part of anything bigger than just experimenting.

I came across something really weird and I'm not sure why it is happening . Don't know if it's something I'm doing or if it is a bug that should be reported.

So I have the following code creating two identical text objects.
First line of text:

2nd line of text:

This produces the following.

That's how it should look as both text objects look the same. When I first was doing the example I used the following code. The only difference is that I use a variable for the 2nd line of text to hold the id instead of setting the id.

First line of text:

2nd line of text:

This produces the following.

As you can see in the 2nd image that the 2nd line of of text is looks blocky, lower resolution, bolder and brighter than the top line of text. I would think that either way it is coded it should reproduce the same way. Am I missing something; not understanding the code differences (which is possible) or is this a bug.
This works that same way in both Classic and Studio.

Michael

Attachments

Login to view attachments
JosephB
Years of Service
User Offline
I used your code in a test and added another, so all three examples were used at the same time and it seems to work for me. Maybe there is something else in your complete code that is causing an issue. An image of the screen is attached and the code I used is as follows:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Dark Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2019 18:07
yeah I'll have to look deeper into it as your code worked on my system too. Thanks for the reply.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 07:54:58
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 07:54:58