Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Does Multiplayer still work?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've been wondering, does the multiplayer aspect still work or what's the go? Can I still host games, and are there any guides on how to do so?

Thanks
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2019 22:59
Caleblich
Quote: " does the multiplayer aspect still work "

In a sense, yes. Any version ( including Black Ice mod ) works right out of the box... if you know what to do.
First, local hosting on a LAN is easy, you just have to type in the local IP of the game you want to join.
( sadly ip addresses do not show/display anymore, but a local address is easy to figure out )
But to host the game on a WAN server somewhere else is a different matter. It's a little difficult
for others to find and join. Do a search and several members have posted how to setup on a WAN
and host it.
Also, if you know how to Nomad Soul's FPSC Developers-Kit has everything needed to setup multiplayer
included the necessary PHP files.
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/221700?page=1#msg2644325
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Location: You know that space between a dresser and the floor ? Yeah, that's where
caleblich
Years of Service
User Offline
@ncmako - Thanks for your response, I'll be sure to check it out and appreciate the detail, good to see you around the forums still
caleblich
Years of Service
User Offline
@ncmako - I don't understand coding much, is it still possible?
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2019 00:19
Caleblich
Quote: " I don't understand coding much, is it still possible? "

Is what possible, to setup multiplayer ? Yes, you probably were overwhelmed by the Dev. Kit ?
No problem, you can use vanilla fpsc and follow Y0shondue directions he posted here...
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/215437
He uses Logmein & Hamachi to host the game.
Urlforce Studios also has multiplayer working straight out of the box. Read about it here....
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/222017
If you want, shoot him an email to get more info

As far as myself, I just run it local and type in my IP to connect with my LAN game.
I usually only player with friends and my grandson, that's all, but works a charm.

Location: You know that space between a dresser and the floor ? Yeah, that's where
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 20th Jun 2019 22:42
Multiplayer still works if you know the hosts IP address. What doesn't work anymore is the database that contains the host information, because TGC removed it from the website. So, if you coordinate with someone hosting the game and get his IP address, you can manually type it in and play with them.
ncmako and I are currently looking into ways to make it work correctly again. Ideally, we could use the help of someone fluent in PHP and MySql.
caleblich
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2019 08:32 Edited at: 10th Jul 2019 08:33
@ncmako - thanks for your comment mate I appreciate the help!

@xplosys - good luck to yous, the end outcome should surely make it worth it, I'd be happy to help but I'm not fluent in neither PHP nor MySQL unfortunately
Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2019 01:20 Edited at: 11th Jul 2019 01:22
Hey guys I have all of that php and mysql hosting stuff working. Come join the discord and hit me up. https://discord.gg/RezPv8N
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2019 02:24
@ Urlforce Studios
Quote: "Come join the discord"

Naa, it just got to be a jumbled mess in there. It's basically just a messaging board
Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
I just use it as a instant messaging client, you can reach me on there you don't have to be in a room.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2019 22:46
Urlforce Studios I tried joining but gave me problems registering ?
Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Try a different name fr your user, and verify your email?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 15:37:58
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 15:37:58