Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / 3D objects from asset store on TGC.COM in AGK C/S

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2019 12:26
Hi peeps I was looking at the asset store and found many nice 3D objects, however, turning on the AppGameKit filter, not many was left in category I was looking in. So I wonder, will I not be able to use all of the objects on the asset store? And, if I can use them, will I be able to use them in both Classic and Studio (as I plan to upgrade at some point).
13/0
Xaby
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2019 13:51
Maybe this could answer your question
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/224558

the Game Guru objects / assets are compatible to App Game Kit and App Game Kit Studio. BUT!, you have to implement the "import" some how by yourself. They mostly contain *.FPE files, X-files, *.DDS textures
So since App Game Kit / App Game Kit Studio don't understand *.DDS texture files, you have to convert them by yourself e.g. XnConvert, IrfanView or any other program that understands DXT (*.DDS) textures and can export to *.PNG or *.JPEG

The *.FPE contains other informations you don't really need for the raw asset.

If you want to have shaders and PBR-support it could be a little bit tricky. But normal maps and or diffuse maps are easy to use.

What is more or less a problem are the EBE construction assets. They contain some complex combination of assets and re-positioning and so on. The audio files you could also use and or convert. I am using AudaCity for my audio files.
Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2019 14:54
Fascinating... never even knew there was a TGC Store (beyond the Bundles offered on Steam / Website)
That it's buried in the GameGuru Website rather than available from the Main Site is quite interesting.
Something I thought was weird in how it was missing from AppGameKit (Vs. Unity 3D or Unreal Engine) was the lack of a "Creator" / "Asset" Store that was accessible either from the Website or Editor.
As such, assumed that it simply didn't exist because TGC didn't want to deal with the hassle of running such a Feature in favour of the various 3rd Party Sources (Sketchfab, Gumtree, etc.)

It does appear that essentially the Store is primarily (or near exclusively) focused on FPS Creator., although there do seem to be some AppGameKit (Compatible) things on there … mind as a Store Front either as a Seller / Consumer, it's not exactly appealing.
Not saying that from the assets available per se, as I only skimmed those with most being very Low Poly (and not in the Classic "Retro" Style but just Low Triangle Count., limited / no shader Materials) giving a very 2001 - 2004 appearance.
Rather I'm talking about the Store Front itself is just very unappealing to interact with.

Mind so are the Forums as well... they look the same as they did 10-15 years ago., with sure usability upgrades but still it looks and feels archaic compared to modern social forum systems.

In any case though., I'd be quite curious to know what kind of Assets (3D / 2D) that you (or others) are interested in.
I am currently looking to put together some 3D/2D Asset Packs., and so would be useful to know what people are specifically looking for in terms of the assets for their projects.
Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2019 19:18
Alright I've loaded an .X object that should be PBR. I have converted the .dds to .png and I have assigned color map to texture stage 0, and a normal map to stage 1, but after that I can't figure out what to do. I have _ao map, _normal map, _metalness map, _gloss map and _color map. I have never used shaders, so I don't know how to go about it. I would like to use the metalness, ao and gloss map as well. I've tried loading them in to different texture stages but then colors look a little off, and also, it's a car but the windows aren't see-through when I load it. Sorry for all the questions I've been looking at your thread
13/0
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 20th Jun 2019 21:34 Edited at: 20th Jun 2019 21:36
for transparency you have to use SetObjectTransparency ( objID, mode )
that will allow your windows to be set as transparent in the png and applied to the model and could be used
combined with SetImageTransparentColor( iImage, r, g, b ) (mind you setting transparent command is slow
and shouldn't be called all the time)

texture stage 0 is normal hence shadows and light will effect the object
texture stage 1 shows the object full bright ie shadows wont effect the model
texture stage 2 is where the normal map is placed usually with SetObjectNormalMap( objID, imageID )

Im not sure what texture stages are used for glossiness etc but think you may have to use shaders for that
kind of effect
fubarpk
fubarpk on Itch...………...https://fubarpk.itch.io/
fubarpk on googleplay..https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=fubarpk
Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2019 18:13 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2019 18:14
It didn't work quite as I hoped

13/0

Attachments