Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / RunApp in background?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2019 16:14
Hi, I'm developing a MIDI surface controller in AppGameKit classic, with a Python backend to handle the MIDI events using pythonrtmidi.

My current platform is Windows 7.

I have now dropped the second Python application and am now using the RunApp command to launch a small util called sendmidi.exe

This is the command I am using:

intMIDI = RunApp("raw:c:\halcyon\sendmidi.exe", "dev MIDIOUT2 on 60 127")

The parameters passed are midi device name, note on and note name and velocity.

My question is, when I close the fullscreen application, 'ghosts' of the command boxes launched can be seen, they disappear quickly, but it looks untidy.

I was wondering if I could use something similar to the *nix format of 'command &' where the process is launched in the background?

I tried /B which I read is supposed to do the same thing, but if I add it to the end of the parameter list it doesn't change anything, if I add it to the end of the command string it won't launch.

Ideally I would like to move to Linux as the final target platform, but AppGameKit won't recognise my multitouch screen under Linux, even though it is supported and works, but that's another issue entirely.

If anyone could offer any insight, I'd be grateful.

Many thanks.
Linux Mint 18.1 64bit (XFCE) - Intel i5-4440 - 6GB - Radeon RX460

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 11:20:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 11:20:59