Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / AppGameKit Studio V2019.07.23 Release

Author
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2019 13:55 Edited at: 24th Jul 2019 13:56
The first version of AppGameKit Studio has been release on TGC and Steam. Steam keys are being sent out to those that preordered but may take a while to complete. The main changes from the previous version of AppGameKit, apart from the new IDE, are as follows

- Added Vulkan renderer on Windows
- Improved OpenGL renderering performance on Windows when CPU bound
- Added IsInvertedDepth to return whether the depth buffer is inverted (true for Vulkan)
- Added GetClipSpaceMode to return if the current clip space is -1 to 1 or 0 to 1 (OpenGL and Vulkan respectively)
- Added IsTopLeftOrigin to return if the current renderer uses the top left or bottom left as its framebuffer origin
- Added GetDrawing3DSetupTime to return the amount of seconds spent preparing 3D objects for drawing
- Added additional version of MakeColor with an alpha parameter
- DrawLine DrawBox and DrawEllipse now support alpha blending
- Added shadow smoothing modes 3 and 4 that use 16 samples instead of the 4 samples in modes 1 and 2
- Fixed the app freezing if PlayObjectAnimation was told to loop with the start and end frames set to the same value, or set to values beyond the animation duration
- Currently SetAntialiasMode does not work with Vulkan

The Vulkan renderer is currently only active in the Windows player but we will be working to bring it to the other platforms as soon as possible. If you notice any bugs then please post a forum thread with the details and a small example that replicates the problem if possible.
psychoanima
Years of Service
User Offline
I recieve RPG world steam key from you instead of AppGameKit Studio...
Multicoder
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2019 14:07
I also received an RPG World Key instead of the AppGameKit Studio Key.

Yes, I am aware that I sound like a caveman to native english speakers
mrniceguy
Years of Service
User Offline
Here also
Smart Packer Pro - Distribute games and applications

RobbSnow
Years of Service
User Offline
Someone that already owns RPG World on Steam should try redeeming it since it won't allow two copies on Steam. It could just be a bad reference in the TGC website code
JHAustin
User Banned
Posted: 24th Jul 2019 14:10
Same here. RPG World, not App Game Studio. Just to be sure, I entered the Serial Key into Steam and it says I already own it.

Thank you
JHA
GH69
Years of Service
User Offline
RPG World here too
JHA
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2019 14:14
Same here. I already own RPG World, so I tried the key and it does say that I already own it. Definitely the wrong one.
Ohwrake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2019 14:15
yup, even when trying to activate it, it says RPG World instead of AKG s.
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2019 14:23
Hi,

Sorry about this. I had an auto script made by TheNext which seems to be sending the wrong keys out. RPG Maker is FREE anyway.

TheNext will be back in 2 hours to sort this all out.
Development Director
TGC Team
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 24th Jul 2019 15:05
got my copy ok....errr cos I didn't purchase the steam version ha.....yes I'm gloating
Professional Programmer, languages: SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, DBPro, Purebasic, JavaScript, others
ghzero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2019 15:15 Edited at: 25th Jul 2019 12:15
info:
I received RPG Maker instead of AppGameKit Studio too..

update:
issue was solved. agk studio via steam captured successfully. thank you very much!!
best regards,
ghzero
DannyD
Years of Service
User Offline
Got It, Installed....

No HTML 5 Export?

Amon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2019 15:22
Is the HTML5 export going to be added soon or is it already there as I can't find it.
Win 10 Pro - AMD RYZEN 7 Octacore 3.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 - RTX 2070 8GB
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 24th Jul 2019 15:22
yes thats correct, HTML support coming later I believe for AGK-S
Professional Programmer, languages: SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, DBPro, Purebasic, JavaScript, others
Qube_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2019 16:02
Damn I was right. Vulkan for Windows only with Mac / Linux coming whenever. I knew it!!!

Way to go skipping that bit out of the preorder info TGC. Bit naughty to only let us know at the very end after getting all that preorder cash. Ah well, live and learn not to trust in future until actual release and not believe the preorder blurb.

In future TGC be upfront and not skip these important things just so you can get more cash in. I preordered on the promise of release of the Vulkan engine in July for the advertised Windows and Mac but that ended up being fake advertising.
Amiga57
Years of Service
User Offline
J'ai aussi reçu RPG Maker au lieu d'AppGameKit Studio.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 24th Jul 2019 16:23
Quote: ""J'ai aussi reçu RPG Maker au lieu d'AppGameKit Studio.""

Yes , you all chose the steam route ha, yes I'm still gloating .....I'm not sorry
gtheol
Years of Service
User Offline
I recieve RPG world steam key from instead of AppGameKit Studio, please fix it.....
Zuchini
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I have also RPG World instad of AppGameStudio.
JHAustin
User Banned
Posted: 24th Jul 2019 17:13
Quote: "Qube - Damn I was right. Vulkan for Windows only with Mac / Linux coming whenever. I knew it!!!"

Vulkan turned out to bit a bit harder to implement than they had first thought, which is why they held back on the other versions.
They wanted to get everything out in a timely fashion, but these things happen in the programming world.

They are working diligently to get to that point and they will deliver, its just going to take a little more time than they/us expected.
RobbSnow
Years of Service
User Offline
@Zuchini,

There was an email that went out about this. Also several posts about it now from TGC. It was a script error, it wasn't just a few people, everyone who ordered the Steam version got sent the wrong keys. They hope to fix it in a few hours.
XANAX 2B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2019 19:37
I've ordered two steam keys and got nothing. I suppose the TGC team is reparing something ?
Emotional High Potential
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2019 19:40
Hi, the delay is hampered by the fact our web guy has had to deal with a personal emergency. He should be available soon.
Development Director
TGC Team
ECL.JP
Years of Service
User Offline
In AGKS 1.0, GetDeviceName(), SetRawWritePath(), SetSortCreated(), EnableClearColor(), and many commands can not be used. Is there a list of commands that have been deprecated or removed in AGKS 1.0?
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2019 14:54
The following commands are deprecated and now display a message box warning in AGKStudio
SetTransitionMode
CreateFullscreenAdvert
SetIntendedDeviceSize
Break
ClearDepthBuffer
SetSortTextures
SetSortDepth
SetSortTransparentDepth
SetSortCreated
EnableClearDepth
EnableClearColor
GetDeviceName
SetRawWritePath
GetCL
SetShaderConstantArrayByName
GetParticleDrawnPointCount
adambiser
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2019 15:19
The Example Plugin folder (on Steam at least) only has the "Commands.txt" file. In AppGameKit 2, this folder had a code example, plus AGKLibraryCommands.cpp/.h.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2019 16:57
Quote: "The Example Plugin folder (on Steam at least) only has the "Commands.txt" file. In AppGameKit 2, this folder had a code example, plus AGKLibraryCommands.cpp/.h."

Thanks for letting me know, fixed for the next version
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 25th Jul 2019 18:00 Edited at: 26th Jul 2019 07:20
thanks for the v1.0 release of AGK-S. Like it so far. Have an issue though installing additional files, see pics.

tried to install C++ libraries to C:\AGKS, but clicking on install button auto changes the folder to my C:\AGProjects folder. Then the app just froze up and I had to force close the program. Please can this be fixed in next release?

[edit-installing the c++ libs on it's own without installing AppGameKit projects worked fine though-see pic3 ]
[update 26Jul19-now posted issue on Github also]

I will post on github too as soon as possible.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
ECL.JP
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "The following commands are deprecated and now display a message box warning in AGKStudio"

Thank You!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 12:42:52
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 12:42:52