Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / 3D people models and scans in AGK, do you want some?

Author
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2019 12:38 Edited at: 25th Jul 2019 13:09
Hello AppGameKit community,

I tried out this model:
https://3dpeople.com/en/shop/10016-myriam/

30K poly and the 2K textures and also the *.3DS file. The OBJs don't work quite right.

My question is here also, if the AppGameKit community would be interested in our own scans. With App Game Kit Studio and Vulkan, maybe this could be a think.
My idea is, to ask some people and scan them. In my city are more than one company that scans people. The question would be, if also the shaders would work and if only DIFFUSE and NORMAL map would be enough.
Also the question, if static people is a think or only rigged and animated people are needed. And also, how many games we would create with one and the same people-model

I don't know, if it could be a "game" on Steam or an App, that only shows 3D models, but also offers maybe to use them in your own games.
A big problem with scanned people could be the non-shining eyes and or the hair.

I am not an 3D artist. And I would hope, that the scanning company could provide game ready assets. I know, that this more a "3 Dimensional Chat"-thingly. I also would try to convert the models into *.X, *.FBX or *.3DS

But the question is for the App Game Kit users and game programmers. Not so much the technical side of things, but it would be nice, to have the right shader for human skin and lighting

I also tried out a model from here, https://renderpeople.com/free-3d-people/
but the licence, I guess, would not allow to use the models in a game, only in static renderings or rendered animations. So if we wanted to create a game with these 3D models, we would have to create 2D images or videos out of that and implement them into our games

https://humanalloy.com/free-3d-people/

Also for game assets the question would be, if the people should have clothes on or some underwear, nothing and some created props, and which animations would be needed. I would like to see some more variety and not only these shooter guys with there rifles.
Maybe for bigger towns, simulation, or games for adults or teenager it could interesting, to have some other characters in a game. Like an old woman or not only sexy young adults with sporty bodies.

https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/free-max-mode-human-rig-female-gigapixel/847088#

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2019 14:30
Not sure why having vulkan is relevant.......but some good quality 3d assets would always be nice.
Xaby
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2019 06:04
@Santman

are there some ideas in your mind? Or maybe how many polygones and so on, would be best for an App Game Kit game. I know, artists would have at best millions of polygones and for some games, it would be enough to have only under 1K of polygones
Rick Nasher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2019 08:40 Edited at: 4th Aug 2019 08:40
As said the more assets the better, however not sure what you are trying achieve here.
You probably want to insert these lines:

SetObjectVisible(objID_player, 0)

and

FixObjectToObject(objID_Myriam, objID_rotationPlate)

Depending on what you want to achieve of course, however the model, though nice looking, doesn't have animation attached to it, so imho isn't very useful.
You might wanna try models with animations attached in fbx format, but getting them texturized/exported for AppGameKit is a hassle and all kind of hoops & loops you'd have to go through apparently.

Dunno why TGC dropped the ball there, for would certainly help people a lot, save them tons of time/hassle and make people more productive when using AppGameKit with 3d, which in then turn would be good advertising on the showcase..

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 09:48:26
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 09:48:26