Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Possible bug?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
This is bringing me to a black screen for 2 seconds before showing what was intended; the first Print message doesn't seem to be being displayed.
Am I missing something stupid? (Everything above this is the template code, nothing unusual). Testing this through linux.

fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 30th Jul 2019 21:29 Edited at: 30th Jul 2019 21:46
I see the first print statement (Time Test)
it then pauses for 2 seconds

then i see the print statements following in the do loop

what happens if you change your code to this

anyway both methods work for me
fubarpk
fubarpk on Itch...………...https://fubarpk.itch.io/
fubarpk on googleplay..https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=fubarpk
beef_erikson
Years of Service
User Offline
Just tested the above code in a freshly created project on a (different) windows machine, the result from that was even more curious.
I was brought to a white screen, which I screenshot

Obviously what should be be shown but it's a white box "looking" at it. I was rather shocked when it pasted that. I increased the Sleep time just in case it wasn't loaded or something, just white.

Nvidia GTX 970
i5 750
16GB Ram
Windows 7

All drivers up to date

Checking my linux machine to see if screenshot also shows it. onboard GPU on that machine, everything up to date
beef_erikson
Years of Service
User Offline
Alright, now sincerely confused. After re-running the linux version, I can see it approximate half the time.
Is the Sync() not always hitting before the sleep ticks?
beef_erikson
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah. did a screen cap during one of the "not-working" times.
beef_erikson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2019 22:13 Edited at: 30th Jul 2019 22:20
Oh hey, your code snippet fixed it. I didn't see that first time I read, sorry.
I see what you did, thanks and good thought
EDIT: Fixed worked on windows too, cheers again
beef_erikson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2019 22:18 Edited at: 4th Aug 2019 22:22
I've been encountering this issue still (when not using the aforementioned fix). I found a more intuitive workaround than the previous answer supplied by fubarpk (thanks again!)

This seems to always work, whereas before I would sometimes see the message, sometimes not.
Putting in the 100ms sleep buffer, I'm guessing, gives everything enough time to process before entering into the Print/Sync calls.

EDIT: I remove the [SOLVED] as I would like to see this fixed altogether. I'd be curious if I'm alone in this bug. As noted earlier, I have tested this on both Linux and Windows machines (two different computers) with the same 'bug'. This has fixed both machines problems. I should also note I'm programming on a burner computer, so it's not a top-of-the-line rig, which may be contributing to this issue.
I'm not entirely sure if this would be considered a bug still or not, but to those who may be suffering from the same problem, this is an easier fix than what I was previously using based off of fubar's suggestion. Figured I'd pass on my findings!
SFSW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2019 23:17 Edited at: 4th Aug 2019 23:19
There does seem to be an issue with AGKS always being one frame behind in rendering. So if you only call Sync() once, you won't see what needs to be rendered without calling Sync() redundantly a second time (or in a loop via repetition as the example work around above employed). So the buffer swap tends to always lag behind by a frame. This and an issue with ClearScreen() not actually clearing the screen for a render image unless some other drawing operation is done have both been reported and should be remedied in a future update.
beef_erikson
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah. Thank you for the clarification and glad to know I'm not the only one experiencing this.
Also, good to know about the redundant Sync() fixing this as well; I may just start doing that instead.

Cheers!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 03:27:45
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 03:27:45