Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Possible method for making AGK object oriented

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2019 14:44 Edited at: 12th Aug 2019 13:45
Hopelessdecoy
Years of Service
User Offline
So I guess my thing didn't save...

The method I think could be possible is to use the #import_plugin to somehow import agc files into agk like a plugin. This would allow for encapsulation through class variables, getter/setters and class functions, you could also then make a bunch of functions all of the same name but doing different actions (kind of a polymorphism). The only thing is I don't know how inheritance might work but there could be a way if this first step could be done. In theory the first step would be 2 part:

1. AppGameKit would need to be able to set it's plugin directory so you can store your files in the project folder
2. AGK's #import_plugin statement would need to work with agc files

I wonder if something similar could be done with an actual plugin to import these agc plugins? I want to research this but would like feedback from people more experienced! Thanks all!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 09:57:09
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 09:57:09