Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Feature Idea: Documenting user created function to show in help window

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello everyone,,
I'm thinking of putting this in for a feature request, but just want to gauge if it is something everyone else would want or use.

So, when you need to know more about an AppGameKit command, you would press F1 while the command is highlighted in the code editor. This brings up the help doc for that command in the help tab to the left.

What I'm thinking is the same thing for our own functions. We could put a comment block just above or inside the function definition, and the studio editor could use that comment as a help doc for that function. Pressing F1 on the highlighted function name anywhere in code would bring up the function help in the same help tab just like normal help docs.

basicFanatic
Years of Service
User Offline
That sounds super useful! Could work for values too.
Onomatopoesie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2019 12:00
Especially if you work after a long time with a source code, that would be really useful, I think. A great idea!
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Dutchman
Years of Service
User Offline
I support this idea
+1
Jambo B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2019 13:58
Big +1 from here. Especially if writing a library of functions for other people to use.
PHeMoX
Years of Service
User Offline
+1 from me also. Oh and please make the text in the help window selectable, so we can copy things we want to use from it or search for other commands from there. Would be a time saver.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 08:14:42
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 08:14:42