Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [Android] Trying to get AdMob to work

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2019 15:54 Edited at: 9th Aug 2019 18:38
Right now I'm just trying to show a full screen ad when the app starts, just to see how it looks, but I can't get anything to show.
I signed up for AdMob yesterday, added my unpublished app and an interstitial ad unit for it.

Here's what runs at the start:

But GetFullscreenAdvertLoadedAdMob is always 0.

I've exported the APK with Write External Storage, Internet/Network, and Wake Lock permissions set. Are others needed?
My app orientation is Landscape. Would that affect it?
I've set my AdMob App ID on the export screen. Minimum Android version is set to 4.1.
When I install the APK manually, it says it has no special permissions, which doesn't seem right.
I'm compiling with AppGameKit Classic 2019.08.01.

I've gone through similar looking topics on the forum, but nothing seems to help.
Any help would be appreciated!

EDIT: Looks like I didn't have my Payment profile set up. I'll have to wait and see if that was the problem.

EDIT 2: That wasn't it. Neither AdMob nor Chartboost work via APK, but Chartboost works when broadcasting.
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2019 22:08
Make sure you include your Admob App ID in the export dialog (it's a new requirement - top right field on the export dialog). You can find the Admob App ID in your Admob console... clicks Apps > View All Apps... the app ID is displayed underneath each app in the list and starts with "ca-app-pub"). Also, be aware that when you add a new ad-unit, it can take a while before that ad-unit will actually start serving ads (24hrs in some cases).
Also, be careful not to click your own ads if you use the same google account on your test device as your admob account as google don't like it (in fact, just don't click your own ads at all).
adambiser
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2019 23:54 Edited at: 10th Aug 2019 01:00
I had the AdMob App ID set. My AdMob email is different from my Android email. I tested the Interstitial AppGameKit example and all three loaded and displayed, went back to my AppGameKit and AdMob shows now, but Chartboost has stopped. Weird.

EDIT: Now both are working, at least in broadcast mode.
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2019 17:22
Quote: " it can take a while before that ad-unit will actually start serving ads (24hrs in some cases)"

this, especially if you're new to admob
life's one big game
spec= i5 4ghz, 16gb ram, Nvidia 1070ti gpu
adambiser
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2019 17:33
There for awhile Chartboost wasn't loading for either my project or the AppGameKit interstitial project, but now I think they both load. Hoping it stays that way.

Thanks to those who have read this and offered help.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 06:58:38
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 06:58:38