Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / AGKVR is now broken in both AGK2 and AGKS

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
What to say? It is so sad.
tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2019 15:34
Hopefully you have more to say about the problem so they can fix it ?
Dybing
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2019 15:41
Bug reports need be slightly more detailed than OPs effort.

Description of bug, how it manifest itself and how to reproduce at a minimum. Ideally include some sort of media or code that will demo the bug.
basicFanatic
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry about the lack of effort, I had a bit of a slow day. The included VR demos refused to compile. That's mostly it. I'm on my mobile right now, so can't quote the error message, but for AGK2 it was a sort of default error which I have encountered before when my current game didn't have the latest version of the VR extention. With AGKS, the error message was just .. weird.
Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2019 14:05
There is no reason that I can think of that the current version won't work anymore. I'll try to test as soon as I can, but it probably won't be this week due to my crazy schedule. FYI, I'm currently working on an update to AGKVR which will bring it up to the current version of OpenVR and allow it to work with the Vulkan rendering in AppGameKit Studio.

Ron
a.k.a WOLF!
basicFanatic
Years of Service
User Offline
Hopefully, it's just me who screws things up somehow... Looking forward to that update!
karel
Years of Service
User Offline
hey all,

today i bought AGKVR and just now reading problems of others here... prolly i should read this page first... but ill try to describe my issue...

when i try to compile VR example, i get message:

"Failed to load plugin "AGKVR" required by this app, it may not be avaible for this platform"

im steam user, i checked all installation folders, added api file into project folder dolder, AppGameKit and Steam see installed VR plugin, i use ACER AH101 headset under W10, installed "Mixed Reality Portal" and "Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR"

please let me know, if i did all ok, and if u are working on this issue and aprox when it should be working

THANKS!!!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
houndog66
Years of Service
User Offline
@ karel I had this same issue and managed to sort it myself. I had checked the "windows 64-bit" option in the EDIT>preferences>build menu, once I unchecked that, everything worked fine. Hope that helps you too!
karel
Years of Service
User Offline
@ houndog66, thanks!! it helped -> app castle is running, but it renders only to AppGameKit window and not to VR and also not to VR preview window (steam preview and mixed reality portal preview), i tried to check AppGameKit VR User Guide.pdf, there no word about 64bit, but np, i would to move only from stuck to i can try code. is here any topic, where i could get more information?

THANKS!!

Attachments

basicFanatic
Years of Service
User Offline
karel, out of curiosity, what is your VR equipment?

While AppGameKit studio still gives errors for me, but after doing the non 64 bit trick, AGK2 is up and running. I'm on Oculus CV1.
karel
Years of Service
User Offline
@ basicFanatic, i wrote bit earlier, but>

im steam user, ....., i use ACER AH101 headset under W10, installed "Mixed Reality Portal" and "Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR"

i attached steam vr options printscreen, i expected it will works easy... maybe/prolly i do something wrong, idk what .d

thanks for replies, opinions, ideas

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 12:36:38
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 12:36:38