Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / agkstudio priority's

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2019 04:50
I realise there are quite a few bugs that exists within agks currently. however that said, agks from a programmers standpoint still lacks basic IDE functionality that would be expected by most programmers from other IDE's. These options should be tackeled before issues with a scene editor or even issues within vulcan. As of now ive been unable to get the preview system to work for code preview. there are no indention lines for code blocks or folding functions or loops. also the suggestion help system does not seem to work, so when a command/keyword is typed it brings up no suggestions or help to use the commands. had this issue in all beta and alpha releases. I would also love to see an option to set 5-6 colors that would highlight an if to endif statement so when there is a lot of nesting or an out of place bock start/end it is immediately obvious. and makes code reading very clear. just a suggestion. also i miss being able to set bold text in the ide. and seems to be only a random seed for ide colors which seems like an oversight that someone shoved a workaround in rather then fix a design issue. not complaining here just pointing out some things that i as a programmer personally care about, cause there are a lot of us who will never wish to use agk other then a text editor and compiler
Signature removed for breach of size rules
Signature images may not be any larger than a total of 600x120 pixels in size.

SFSW
Years of Service
User Offline
Be sure to post your request on GitHub for consideration. I have also posted requests, mostly for baseline industry standard stuff that an IDE should have (such as standard scrollbar controls).
smerf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2019 02:33
i have a few issues to report and requests but cant seem to find where on github to leave a response

tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2019 05:09
smerf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2019 08:20
ty tiresius

Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2019 09:20
I agree entirely!
I can understand why TGC want to focus on the scene editor because that can bring in new users and therefore more revenue. However, if the IDE isn't made into a workable state (I still won't use it) then they run the risk of losing current users.
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2019 16:36
I can't use Studio until they fix the MacBook trackpad scroll speed.
OryUI - A WIP AGK2 UI Framework
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 23rd Aug 2019 17:59
Quote: "At this point i don´t understand why we don´t hear anything from Paul or another TGC people"

I would imagine Paul is quite busy with fixes to AGKs and new enhancements for vulkan users
fubarpk
fubarpk on Itch...………...https://fubarpk.itch.io/
fubarpk on googleplay..https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=fubarpk

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 21:18:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 21:18:49