Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Ambient Color & Fog Color Control: Script Tool

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2019 01:03 Edited at: 15th Aug 2019 01:04
First I would like to give Uzi idiot credit for this as his script work on Smooth Transition of Ambient & Fog Light
gave me the idea for this little tool. Thank you Uzi
I was going to post to the Script forum but thought as it is a "Tool" would post here.

What is does: Full key control over all colors for ambient and fog colors with a HUD display. Control over "Fog Range/Depth" included.
For those that want to use fog or ambient colors this gives you some idea of what it will look like in your level prior to a build.
Note: Not intended when using segments with shaders! Fog does not work well with segment shaders & entities. Only when Full Shader Effects is turned OFF
under preferences does this work. Color adjustment works either way, shaders or not

How to use: Attach either script to a trigger and place anywhere in your level. One for ambience color control, the other for Fog color and range.
Drop the folder into your scriptbank, two scripts are inside, includes images used for the HUD's.
Test run.... The "F" Key turns fog ON & OFF. Ambience are the same ( < > keys) A lot of keys are used for this so space was limited. Note, for ambience colors use the number pad keys.
The rest are all listed on the hud's itself. Any problems let me know
Have fun
My games never have bugs.... they just Explosys's

* I lost my Big Yellow Button. Do you know where it is?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 15th Aug 2019 01:27
This is sooo cool! You know how every time you make an adjustment, even if your satisfied, you can't help but wonder what it would look like with just one more tweak?
In a world of instant gratification we need to see things in real time. No more shutting down, making small changes we can only guess at and trying them again to find it's not quite right. Do it once and see it happen.
Awesome tool bud! I give it cups.
 Dark Lord
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 16th Aug 2019 19:44
This is very neat, it should goes hand in hand with the engine itself. Well done ncmako! Thank you for sharing this
The best is yet to come...
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2019 22:08
Thank you Explosys & Dark Lord
Yes, I was getting annoyed with having to exit my test run, make changes, then test run again... just to find I needed to make more changes
So this should help out for those in need of something to help matters.

Again for those that use this Note: F key turns fog on and off. Fog only works well with shaders off. Ambient keys are the same.
Use the number pad keys to control ambient colors

My games never have bugs.... they just Explosys's

* I lost my Big Yellow Button. Do you know where it is?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 12:22:41
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 12:22:41