Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Feature: read port also on normal message, not just UDP

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2019 22:26
I would like to able to read port on received message on normal messages just as AppGameKit can already do on UDP messages. I could then set up a server, connect to that, read port on server, then close connection on client side and start a host instead. After that other clients should be able to connect to the newly created host on the read port.
13/0
smerf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2019 06:41
Use socket connections. You wont run into any issues with multiplayer command limitations. Alternatively you can just use Udp for network messages and send them in an ordered number say 1 to 4 and reset them once all 4 are received. if a num is missing have the server request the num again and with a 3 try attempts before fail and u essentially create your own tcp protocol that is probably faster then normal tcp but reliable.
[Imgur](https://i.imgur.com/CsOc7ed.png)[/imgur]

Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2019 19:22
Using sockets wont change anything, I still can't connect to a socket listener before I know what port the NAT has assigned to socket listener on WAN side. I have been considering using UDP for all other communications as well, but I was hoping to just the standard functions that are already there.
13/0

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 15:51:47
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 15:51:47