Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AppGameKit Version 2019.09.10

Author
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2019 15:32 Edited at: 10th Sep 2019 15:38
I've uploaded a new version to Steam and the TGC downloads area with the following changes

- Fixed TerminateApp not working on Windows
- Fixed URL Schemes not working in iOS export
- Fixed SetVSync(1) still capping fps to the previous value passed to SetSyncRate
- Fixed Raspberry Pi player crashing when the window is resized
- libcurl is now statically linked in the Raspberry Pi player to fix errors trying to run it on some versions of Raspbian
- Added commands IsInvertedDepth, GetClipSpaceMode, IsTopLeftOrigin, SetPresentMode, ForcePresent to allow allow apps to use the same code in both AGKStudio and AGK2
- Added SnapChat commands ShareSnapChatImage and SetSnapChatStickerSettings
- Added command GetAppInstalled to check if an app is installed on Android
- Removed x86 compatibility from Android apps due to lack of device support and increasing binary size
- Minimum supported version of Android is now 4.4 (API 19)

The removal of x86 should fix the 64-bit warning when uploading to Google Play, they now require that x86_64 be supported if x86 is used, so instead of increasing the size of the binary even further we have removed x86 altogether. The market share for x86 appears to be about 1.7% of devices, with little prospect of future support from Intel.

Let me know if you have any problems
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 10th Sep 2019 15:41
thanks Paul.
Professional Programmer, languages: SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, DBPro, Purebasic, JavaScript, others
adambiser
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2019 16:01 Edited at: 10th Sep 2019 18:36
Thanks, Paul.

Question about "Minimum supported version of Android is now 4.4 (API 19)"
That's what is set in the combobox on the Export Android APK window, right? If so, it still shows 4.1, 4.2, and 4.3 and the tool tip text says to "select 4.0.3 for maximum compatibility".

EDIT:
Actually, it looks like the Steam release still has the x86 folder in "App Game Kit 2\Tier 1\Editor\data\android\lib". I thought at first I needed to delete it manually, but verifying the files brought it back. APK exports still have it, too.

EDIT 2:
None of the new methods to match AGKStudio methods have help files.
BraindeaD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2019 18:48 Edited at: 10th Sep 2019 19:05
Hi all,
sure I'm doing something wrong... but I'm getting the same 64bit error message from google when I review an APK built with the new version... Do I need select a determined version of Android in the combo when I export to Android?
Thanks in advance.

Forget it... I did read I must delete the ditectory...
AliceSim1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2019 18:53
adambiser
It is true what he says, the information of the APK export interface should be updated and limit the version selector S.O. Android

Reviewing the AppGameKit installation path:
AGK2\Tier 1\Editor\data\android\lib\
I found 3 folders:
arm64-v8a
armeabi-v7a <- They are for 32bit Smartphone ...
x86 <- Why does 32bits exist ...
And the folder:
AGK2\Tier 1\Editor\data\android\lib64\
It is completely empty !!

These 2 folders should be deleted, or only the one of x86??
armeabi-v7a
x86
AliceSim1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2019 19:56
BraindeaD

Only should delete the x86 folder.
within this path: ...\AGK2\Tier 1\Editor\data\android\lib\

You can export the APK, also weigh less.
Upload it to Google Store, I did the test and it works.

Only TGC forgot to delete the x86 folder.
BraindeaD
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Alice, I'll try as soon as I can!
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2019 20:59
Thanks for letting me know, I've removed the folder from the uploaded files. I knew I'd miss something.

Quote: "None of the new methods to match AGKStudio methods have help files"

That's because they don't actually do anything in AppGameKit Classic, they are just there so that the code will compile
adambiser
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2019 21:18
Thanks again, Paul.

I did notice the stub methods on github, but there are a few new methods that look like they do stuff in Classic while lacking help files:
* SetObjectShaderConstantArrayFloatByName
* SetObjectShaderConstantArrayVec2ByName
* SetObjectShaderConstantArrayVec3ByName
* SetObjectShaderConstantArrayVec4ByName
* GetColorAlpha
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2019 23:37
Thanks again Paul.

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
BraindeaD
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all,
finally I could upload my APK to Google store just deleting the directory, thanks Alice and Paul.
Regards!
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2019 11:23
Can you not already ShareImage via SnapChat? I haven't tried. Would your app now have the current ShareImage button that they can share via email, WhatsApp and almost every other app, and one button specifically for SnapChat? Not a negative post, even if the tone reads like that just curious.
OryUI - A WIP AGK2 UI Framework
TomToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2019 13:54 Edited at: 11th Sep 2019 13:57
I'm getting "error: Could not find file to copy: interpreters/Windows.exe"

NM: Just had to set Windows 64-bit in the build options
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2019 14:55
Quote: "I did notice the stub methods on github, but there are a few new methods that look like they do stuff in Classic while lacking help files"

Where is made sense I pointed the new commands to existing ones, so those ones point to SetObjectShaderConstantArrayByName, they don't do what is described in the AGKStudio help files

Quote: "Can you not already ShareImage via SnapChat?"

Yes you can use ShareImage if you prefer. The SnapChat commands remove a few steps in the process and allow you to add your own sticker image. Personally I prefer the simplicity of ShareImage, but some people prefer the closer integration.

Note: If you have downloaded the Mac version from the TGC downloads area before the date on this post then please re-download it to fix an error when exporting IPAs.
adambiser
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2019 15:25 Edited at: 11th Sep 2019 16:20
@Paul: OK. I just thought it would be nice if pressing F1 on the commands in the IDE would bring up the information on them instead of going to the doc home page (not that GetColorAlpha isn't obvious or anything ).

What about "Minimum supported version of Android is now 4.4 (API 19)"?
That's what is set in the combobox on the Export Android APK window, right? If so, it still shows 4.1, 4.2, and 4.3 and the tool tip text says to "select 4.0.3 for maximum compatibility".

EDIT:
Is there a chart anywhere that shows which methods work on which platforms? I noticed that the GetNumDeviceCameras docs say it only works on Android, but it looks like it works on Windows, too.

EDIT 2:
Actually, I'm curious why SetShaderConstantArrayFloatByName, SetShaderConstantArrayVec2ByName, SetShaderConstantArrayVec3ByName, and SetShaderConstantArrayVec4ByName don't call SetShaderConstantArrayByName like the SetObjectShaderConstantArray variations do.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2019 17:29
Quote: " it still shows 4.1, 4.2, and 4.3 and the tool tip text says to "select 4.0.3 for maximum compatibility""

I'll get that fixed for the next version, it shouldn't cause any harm choosing a version lower than 4.4 at the moment as we haven't moved the NDK code over to 4.4 yet.

Quote: "Is there a chart anywhere that shows which methods work on which platforms? I noticed that the GetNumDeviceCameras docs say it only works on Android, but it looks like it works on Windows, too"

Unfortunately not, but it should be mentioned in the help for each command, I'll fix the help for that one.

Quote: "I'm curious why SetShaderConstantArrayFloatByName, SetShaderConstantArrayVec2ByName, SetShaderConstantArrayVec3ByName, and SetShaderConstantArrayVec4ByName don't call SetShaderConstantArrayByName like the SetObjectShaderConstantArray variations do"

Yeah they should, fixed for the next version.
adambiser
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2019 18:14
Thanks, Paul.

Also, I noticed that the help AGKC docs for SetObjectShaderConstantArrayByName says the exact same thing as SetShaderConstantArrayByName, but doesn't SetObjectShaderConstantArrayByName actually do the same thing as the AGKS docs say it does (looking at SetObjectShaderConstantArrayVec4ByName)?
I'm specifically looking at "This will affect all objects drawn using this shader." That's true for SetShaderConstantArrayByName, but isn't SetObjectShaderConstantArrayByName object-centric?

Sorry to flood you with questions.
DavidAGK
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Great to see continued support and updates to Classic. I've purchased Studio but sticking with classic until my platform game is released - so all updates and fixes are welcomed!
Using Tier 1 AppGameKit V2
Started coding with AMOS (Thanks Francois Lionet)
AliceSim1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2019 20:57
Thanks Paul.

Your could fix this Bug for the next update, which contains the Raspberry Pi platform:
About TextInputs do not work! I consider it very important
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/223824
JeZxLee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2019 22:13 Edited at: 11th Sep 2019 22:21
Hi,

Read above post:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BraindeaD

Only should delete the x86 folder.
within this path: ...\AGK2\Tier 1\Editor\data\android\lib\

You can export the APK, also weigh less.
Upload it to Google Store, I did the test and it works.

Only TGC forgot to delete the x86 folder.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only issue is I am using Ubuntu Linux.
Where do I find the above "x86" folder on Ubuntu Linux?

Thanks!

Jesse

JeZxLee
Fallen Angel Software
Video Game Design Studio
http://www.FallenAngelSoftware.com

Attachments

Login to view attachments
JeZxLee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2019 02:08
Hi,

So we updated one of our games using new AppGameKit Version 2019.09.10(Linux).
We built for Android.
When we uploaded to Google Play, the 64Bit warning was gone.
Thanks!

Jesse
JeZxLee
Fallen Angel Software
Video Game Design Studio
http://www.FallenAngelSoftware.com
Scary Little Rabbit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2019 18:33
JeZxLee wrote: "Only issue is I am using Ubuntu Linux.
Where do I find the above "x86" folder on Ubuntu Linux?"

hey there! I'm on Linux too. the directory in question is placed in AGKLinux/Tier1/Editor/share/geany/android/lib/
error #1:
'too many stars, too many stares. disembody.'
Blast Born: Cars N' Guns
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2019 09:55
Thanks for update

Tier 2 Android project runs out of the box but get errors when creating a signed apk, not looked into that much as a signed bundle seems to work fine.

I have an issue though, our app is aimed at children so it's a requirement that location permissions are turned off, the app has been rejected by google.

How do I do this? I have tried adding:
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION" tools:node="remove"/>

But when I upload to google play I still get warning that I am accessing location.

Also, is there a sure way to check what permissions app is using before I upload to google play? When I look at the app settings on my device none of the permissions in the manifest are shown.

Thanks
Matty

Dark Dynamix & Dark Imposters - Now Free
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2019 03:29
Has anyone else noticed the default text goes a bit wonky sometimes?

It's more noticeable at low resolutions.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2019 17:09
Quote: "I have an issue though, our app is aimed at children so it's a requirement that location permissions are turned off, the app has been rejected by google."

Okay it's fine now. It was because I had an old apk on the internal test track which required location permissions. The only way to remove that was to do a new internal test track release with no apk, which makes no sense

I could then go and set the age rating below 13 as I had to do. The app is obviously aimed at small children so it was initially rejected since I had to include 13+ due to the above location permissions problem.

Dark Dynamix & Dark Imposters - Now Free

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 00:38:51
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 00:38:51