Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / APK file refused on Play store

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2019 21:58
Sorry for my english -I'm French
I tried to publish an little game (tic tac toe) on the google play store, but the google play console display a message, that i should use android app bundle, or try with several apk files
Does anyone have already had this message ?
(Sorry the cap is in french too)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2019 22:04
Thats only a varning where they want you to use a package to make apps smaller but agk apps are already pretty small
You can publish even if it shows.
FrenchAGK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2019 22:16
Thank You Cliff,
I can't. Publish Button is not active
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2019 13:02 Edited at: 26th Sep 2019 13:29
Harder to translate as an image attachment rather than text.
Quote: "
Cet apk cree du code et des resources non utilises qui sont envoyes aux utilisateurs.

Vous pouriez reduire la tille de vorte application avec le format android app bundle.

Comme vous noptimisez pas vorte application pour les configurations d'appareil, elle est plus volumineuse que necessaire pour le telechargement et l'installation sur les apparieils des utilisateurs.

Les applications volumineuses ont des taux d'installation inferieurs et prennent de la place sur les appareils des utilisateurs.

RESOLUTION:
utilisez format android app bundle pour optimiser automatiquement votre application pour les configurations d'appareil, ou gerez-la vous-meme avec plusieurs APK."

Quote: "

This apk creates code and unused resources that are sent to users.

You could reduce the size of your application with the android app bundle format.

Since you do not optimize your application for device configurations, it is larger than you need to download and install on user devices.

Large applications have lower installation rates and take up space on users' devices.

RESOLUTION:
use the android app bundle format to automatically optimize your app for device configurations, or manage it yourself with multiple APKs."

How can a simple tic-tac-toe game be too large??? (that doesn't sound right)

It is hard for me to imagine that a simple tic-tac-toe game is not already small enough to avoid running into file size issues due to optimization.

Perhaps an error in the code with handling the assets?

Or an incorrect setting for the export?

How big is this thing?

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Loktofeit
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2019 15:12 Edited at: 26th Sep 2019 15:14
What you are listing is a warning, but that warning is not what is stopping you from publishing. Go down the list - both Store Presence and Release Management - and make sure your ratings, links, assets, and all other sections are completed.
Loktofeit
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2019 15:51
"How can a simple tic-tac-toe game be too large??? (that doesn't sound right)"

Any app created by AppGameKit - even 'Hello, World' - will register as too large with Google because unused components are included in the package. How much can be cut? That, I don't know, however I do know that once an app gets to that 30-40Meg range, both initial installs and reinstalls start to drop off, so that padding that AppGameKit adds is something to keep in mind when regulating your APK size.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2019 18:01
Quote: "Any app created by AppGameKit - even 'Hello, World' - will register as too large with Google because unused components are included in the package."

Well, Google must have changed since the last game I uploaded (it has been awhile), because none of my AppGameKit apps have ever had that problem.

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
FrenchAGK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2019 18:49
The size of my Tic Tac Toe Game is 12,2 MB
Finally I published it. LoktoFeit was agree, i hadn't completed all the sections
My app is "en attente de publication" so I'm waiting since yesterday.
Thanks for your answers
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
You will see the "app to large" warning with other tools Cerberus X too. You can ignore it for now. Google is pushing towards platform targeted apps. Universal apps like you get with AppGameKit or others are targeting different platforms and so are bigger.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 15:31:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 15:31:03