Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / FPSC levels in AGK fully textured - any interest or not the way to go?

Author
User Banned
Posted: 27th Sep 2019 14:59 Edited at: 27th Sep 2019 15:01
Is anyone interested in getting FPSC levels into AGK/AGK-S? Has anyone already done this? or is this not the way to go?
I did this previously for GameGuru, creating a level in FPSC and then porting over to GameGuru fully textured. The app also ported over all static/dynamic objects i.e. zones, lights, markers, characters, weapons/pickups etc.

See pic below, which shows the "Warlocked" FPSC level output as an .OBJ, texturing to be done, which is relatively easy. The output was produced using my DBO to .OBJ or .X convert program.
I'll upload a pic of the same level in AGK2/AGKS when i get a moment.

If no interest , no worries, I can carry on using for my own use.
Professional Programmer, languages: SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, DBPro, Purebasic, JavaScript, others

Attachments

Login to view attachments
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2019 15:31
There was an "FPSC2AGK" tool available, but I never managed to get it to work on anything other than FPSC V1 and couldn't find any support for it so a bit of a waste of money to be honest, which was a shame. Since then, FPSC has developed into GameGuru for which there is the fantastic GGLoader, but I still think there'd be an interest in a simple converter for FPSC levels due their simplicity - better suited to mobile game development. Even the most simple GameGuru/GGLoader level has preformance issues on most of my Android devices, and virtually useless as HTML5.

Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 27th Sep 2019 15:55
yes I also still have that which used to work but doesn't seem to work anymore, so I created my own for GG originally.
Professional Programmer, languages: SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, DBPro, Purebasic, JavaScript, others

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 08:25:43
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 08:25:43