Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Lots of commands in Tier2 not in AGK?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2019 21:22
So I've been digging into the Tier2 template, and there's a few things in there that seem to be coded or supported, but not in AppGameKit classic.

For examples, 3DParticles have rotation and face code? Lights seem to be able to support point light and directional lights?

Has anyone had any joy getting these working in Teir 2?
Loktofeit
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2019 17:48
Interestedin this myself, as lighting (point and directional) was one of the areas where I was hitting a wall when porting over code from DBPro.
Xaby
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2019 08:02
I guess, that they test the things first in Tier 2 and it will slowly make its way into Tier 1.
It also maybe, that not all "Player" support these commands, because of the underlaying restrictions from hardware and or the OS.

Maybe some are only for Vulkan.

I am still trying to figure out, how I could integrate another texture format other than PNG or JPEG into this thing.
I also try, to not use other libs. So it could still be cross-platform.

But simple things as creating an Array with dynamic size or a Linked-List is not well documented.
So I have to mix up C++ help tutorials and AppGameKit Tier 1 Basic tutorials. Also the Template didn't work from the start.

I was using the Source of PONG and cut the rest out. I had to change directories for the AppGameKitWin.LIB, and some directory for Source and something in the C++ LINKER.

I am glad, I could get it to run in Visual Studio 2019. But I gave up for the moment to use it in Android Studio. I still can't compile it for Android. The setup is harder than it needed, I guess.
And for these Tier 2 questions, I would prefer, if we had a section for Tier 2 alone.
Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2019 08:07
Yeah, a tier 2 section would be nice, would even be good to see how many people us eit.

Set up worked fine for me, though how did you get VS19 working? The template is only for VS17 (for classic at least), which was a pain to find. Then you have to install the win xp support, but other than that it working straight out the box, so to speak.

I suspect these commands might be left overs from old DBPRO code, or features they gave up on, as you suggest. The directional light would be great, but actually we need shadows that work with the lights too, else they look rubbish. Having just the sun cast shadows is quite restrictive....but AppGameKit is geared toward mobile devices, which may also be part of the issue I guess.
Xaby
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2019 23:23
@Santman,

I used the PONG tutorial source code template. And opened it in VS2019. Atfer that, I changed the pathes for C++ source to mine and also the LINKER folder to the "AGKWindows.lib"
I guess, that was all.

Still trying to understand, how I now can create an APK out of that C++ thingly I created

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 19:43:43
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 19:43:43