Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / [SOLVED] Is there an upgrade price to get AGK studio ? AKA: I have AGK2 (and visual editor) . Is there a price for upgrade to studio ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2019 07:18 Edited at: 8th Nov 2019 07:21
Is there an upgrade price to get AppGameKit studio ? (for AGK2 users)

[ I had also bought the Visual Editor, which I never used because the plans for it were never completed. .. Does that provide a small credit ? ]

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2019 10:27 Edited at: 8th Nov 2019 10:28
Can't give any comment on visual editor, but there is no upgrade price from AppGameKit 2 to Studio at the moment. During the pre-order stage there were substantial discounts for owners of AppGameKit 2 but these have now ended.
Windows 10, Intel i7 4.2 GHz, 16GB DDR4, NVIDIA RTX 2060

spaceName
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2019 00:19 Edited at: 9th Nov 2019 00:35
Hi fellow devs!

Well, after the Visual Editor nonsense...( that thing is useless...) I would not pay for anything until it is completed or actually useable and not a potential marketing cash grab,
They could have sent me 100 emails about it.. but they already burned me once with that Early Adopt buy. :/
- I'm thinking that they made the Visual Editor into the Studio version's IDE or that they were merged..etc etc.

..and while I understand the need to make money, I disliked feeling scammed.. and the visual editor purchase is like I was scammed. We never received what was marketed.
So it would be nice to get that discounted price offered again, even if in private message or email. I am sure you all understand.

Thanks for the replies so far!
Hopefully we get word from them (by private confidential email) or in this thread.
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2019 12:58
The classic visual editor should be open sourced.
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 10th Nov 2019 22:00
It may not be what you want to hear

but the visual editor was a stand alone product separate from AppGameKit studio which has many more features than just an editor
Im sorry it seems to have stopped development but im sure you will find the development was outsourced and not the development
of TGC developers. The marketing may have offered them together as a bundle but I cant see you getting discount on a product
that was developed with the choice of two rendering engines that just happens to have an editor built in. AppGameKit studio was
developed separately and TGC offered substantial discounts for those that ordered during its development, if you missed out
on one of these you may have to wait sometime to see discounts like that again. Apart from both having an editor it doesn't mean
the code was reused in Studio due to outsourcing and beyond TGC's control

Apologies that you bought a product you are not happy with, but I don't think you will get the discounts/refunds you seek
fubarpk
fubarpk on Itch...………...https://fubarpk.itch.io/
fubarpk on googleplay..https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=fubarpk
spaceName
Years of Service
User Offline
it's ok fubarpk, useless opinions are still just opinions. .and opinions don't matter in the business of selling a product.
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2019 16:14
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Hi,

If there are users who have Classic & Visual Editor and want to get a food deal on Studio then please contact me via the TGC tech support (green ? icon). I will cut you a deal.
Development Director
TGC Team
Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2019 07:08
While this would've been interesting to know earlier... (I just figured given the current Sale, that no further discounts would be offered)
I do have a question as to why the US Site (showing the Prices in $) expressly points out that Sales Tax isn't included., which most Americans KNOW their purchases are without Tax; while the UK Site (Prices in £) DOES NOT state such, and it's a common practise (as you well know) for VAT to be included as part of a listed Price unless otherwise expressly stated.

I mean I raised more than an eyebrow when the price listed on PayPal was noticeably higher than listed on the Website, with the Invoice showcasing the original price then adding the VAT which brought it to the figure on PayPal.
Like I did just check again to make sure I didn't simply overlook the notice (again like it clearly says in the screenshot above of the American Store) … but I can't see it anywhere when you're purchasing on the UK Store.
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2019 18:11 Edited at: 14th Nov 2019 18:12
It does clearly state "Price excludes taxes"

I am a little miffed upon checking the tax thing for my own curiosity after paying full price a few days later it goes -20% ........ Guess I should have waited a little while longer.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
pjsmith67
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2019 00:32
I want to see a trial version for OSX. One of the reasons why I have not bought Studio is because I want to see how it runs on a Mac. The visual editor ate up so much of my Macbook's CPU the fan was running constantly. When I tried a beta of Studio early in the development process, it was still eating a lot of CPU time.

Phil

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 23:19:15
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 23:19:15