Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Error frustration

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2019 08:47 Edited at: 12th Nov 2019 09:20
Suddenly the code I wrote to append to a text file is giving me an error:

if logfile<>""
if findstring(logfile,":")>0
OpenToWrite(1,"raw:" + logfile,1)
else
OpenToWrite(1,logfile,1)
endif
WriteLine(1,txt)
CloseFile(1)
endif

FAILED TO OPEN, ALREADY EXISTS

Yes, duh! I am appending. Worked fine for days and suddenly AppGameKit throws me this... Very frustrating as it seems somehow parts of the system act randomly and mess up code or whatever...

Anyone else having this?

NEXT ERROR WHILE DEBUGGING: ERROR USING VULCAN
ANOTHER ONE POPPED UP: CANNOT LOAD PLUGIN

Rebooted pc, steam, etc...
Dutch
Jeff Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2019 12:53
Perhaps the "file" that the error message considers to be "open" is the internal file number (1), the first argument in the OpenToWrite command. Is it possible that file 1 was opened in another section of the program and not closed?
marvin944
Years of Service
User Offline
Nope, I checked... And as quickly the problem appears, the next compile its gone...
Dutch
SFSW
Years of Service
User Offline
It seems certain conditions you are checking for might result in split locations for your 'logfile'. But that may be what you are intending to do. So just for clarity... In one line, you are checking to see if the 'logfile' contains a ':' character, then if it does, you add the 'raw:' element when attempting to open it... adding an additional ':' character into the full file string target. Then upon lacking the ':' character, you leave out the 'raw:' portion and target the write folder with just the base string. So are you checking for some kind of drive letter inclusion in the ':' check (ie 'c:\') and then adding the 'raw:' value to use that target? You probably have a reason for this, but thought I'd check. Also, it's important that your target location is not write protected or otherwise blocked. Otherwise, if its a file error then it might be one thing, if it's an index error, it'd be another (likely code related).

For intermittent errors in general, perhaps something else on your system is interfering with necessary read/write operations? Are you running any security software that may be trying to perform scanning operations on the very files AppGameKit needs access to and/or you are trying to edit? And hence, blocking access to them? External interference might be one thing to check.
marvin944
Years of Service
User Offline
You analyzed the code correctly. I also am looking at external interference (Malwarbytes) as the culprit.
Dutch

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 21:34:50
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 21:34:50