Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / AGKS Commandline startup problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Guys
Does AppGameKit Studio still have a BUG when starting a project from Command Line?

I've created this "pre-start" menu for myself to easily select a project and start in either Classic or Studio (Screen Shot 1)

Or I can start a New Project from a Predefined Template (Screen Shot 2)

It works 110% for Classic, But AGKStudio don't open my project at all

Please advice

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Loktofeit
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2019 18:41 Edited at: 13th Nov 2019 22:38
AGK Studio does not seem to have drag-n-drop or command line support.

If you want your program to pass the project to AppGameKit Studio, you will need to change the Active Project listed in the agkide.ini file.

File location: C:\Users[username]\AppData\Local\AGKApps\TheGameCreators\Ide
Filname: agkide.ini

The section you will want to edit is...
ActiveProject:
C:\Code\AGKS\Projects\scramble\scramble.agk

After you update the ini file with the desired Active Project, run AppGameKit Studio. The desireed project will be open and waiting for you.
DannyD
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks @Loktofeit. Will use that as a work around. To be honest, I've been one o the first buying AGKS, and hardly use it.
Except for the 2d Designer, there nothing wow about ... Actually very disappointed in AGKS
Using Classis...

Loktofeit
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2019 00:29
I use Classic mostly, too. Too many strange things about Studio right now.

- Odd file locations and weird missing features (this thread is an example of both).
- Weird lower framerate (28+ instead of 29.99+ when running at 30FPS) than Classic.
- Many commands (ex: dim, #include, select) not in the help system.

I try to use Studio because I bought it, but AGK2 seems so much more... normal and stable.
DannyD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2019 01:28 Edited at: 14th Nov 2019 01:31
@Loktofeit yeah I agree... I wasted money on Visual designer (Which was not cheap) and RPG maker... and haven't use them.

I really hope they work more seriously on AGKS.
I need HTML5 Export really urgent.... been promised it will be in an update after the final release... NOTHING YET!!

If they can bring a GUI system for design Not only games but other APPs aswell.. It can become one of the best available..

The only reason I havnt change to a new engine... I have 300+ educational APPs running for my School in AppGameKit Classic, and I'm to old to learn something new hahahaha.
Use AGKS only to make a easy layout/design, and then go back to classic.
But then still alot of cleanup code to get it work 100%

I'm using virtual buttons alot... but lots of bugs with that aswell....

Let hope TGC do some updates soon.... I've bought all the DLC's for AGK/AGKS/GameGuru, not to mention how many assets from TGC store, just to support these guys in the hope we get more
stable releases.... but one can only go to a point... then need to decide.

I'm happy with Classic, and would rather like a better/easier/added designer for Classic...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 23:11:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 23:11:27