Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [SOLVED] HTML woes (Error: NetworkError for: AGKPlayer.data)

Author
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 16th Nov 2019 01:27 Edited at: 16th Nov 2019 01:58
started having issues a couple of AppGameKit updates ago where trying to execute any HTML that i export results in "Loading" then "Error: NetworkError for: AGKPlayer.data" a couple of seconds later under Firefox.

all export configs attempted (on the most-basic of code).

i'm sure FF has updated a few times since but i can't play anything that i export but CAN play others.

any thoughts?

worth mentioning, any HTML export on my HD won't run. ones like the above seem fine.

then, THIS online one spits the same error, but THIS one runs fine... as does THIS (found all these by googling the error )

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

smerf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2019 23:42
are there networking commands in ur code? player networking does not export to html5

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 17th Nov 2019 05:41 Edited at: 17th Nov 2019 05:43
Quote: "are there networking commands in ur code?"

not at all. i'm talking:

won't work

i've seen lots of "won't run from local machine" / "must upload to a server" talk on the forum but i don't want to believe it

zxretrosoft
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2020 19:06
Unfortunately, I have the same problem Is it solved? I wouldn't say that AppGameKit exports to HTML5 because the problem is really noticeable.
I am sorry for poor English
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2020 18:14
Quote: "then, THIS online one spits the same error, but THIS one runs fine... as does THIS (found all these by googling the error )"

all work fine on chrome, did you try another browser?
life's one big game
spec= i5 4ghz, 16gb ram, Nvidia 1070ti gpu
zxretrosoft
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2020 20:34
But I can't tell people to use Google Chrome to use my product. This is absurd The application must run on all browsers.
I am sorry for poor English
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 1st Feb 2020 23:14 Edited at: 1st Feb 2020 23:18
Quote: "But I can't tell people to use Google Chrome to use my product"

no you cant but Explorer for one uses unconventional coding practices Microsoft even tried to
make there own version of java which would only work on Microsoft machines

With that said programs I have converted work happily with all browsers ive tested them on
Heres an example to test
http://users.tpg.com.au/subarpk/HTML5/Thingy.html
MerryChristmas Everyone
fubarpk on Itch...………...https://fubarpk.itch.io/
fubarpk on googleplay..https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=fubarpk
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2020 04:08 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2020 04:10
Quote: "Error: NetworkError for: AGKPlayer.data"

I am also using the latest version of Firefox.

I only get this error when running locally.

Once I upload the files to a server, then it runs fine.

Quote: "i've seen lots of "won't run from local machine" / "must upload to a server" talk on the forum but i don't want to believe it "

Believe it.

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 2nd Mar 2020 04:16
Quote: "Believe it. "

reluctantly, i do. i just don't wanna.

meanwhile, i've since been utilizing itch.io for html stuffs.

and, now that i've realized that the steamlink app on my tv can mirror my pc, life is a little bit grander, as well
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2020 04:29
You can download apache and run it locally, you just need to install the server on your pc.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2020 14:05 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2020 15:51
Quote: "You can download apache and run it locally, you just need to install the server on your pc."

Tried that with XAMPP, but had no luck ( was using XAMPP for PHP) and ran out of patience reading through the thousands of pages of docs for Apache.

Any suggestions for an easy way to install Apache so AppGameKit will run locally?

For me, it is just easier to upload the files for testing and fixing the HTML5 builds, because the Windblows EXE builds can find most of the bugs or errors.

The only downside to that (other than the few minutes it takes) is the bandwidth wasted, but usually the files for those builds are small anyway.

blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2020 21:02 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2020 21:04
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
Quote: "Any suggestions for an easy way to install Apache so AppGameKit will run locally?"

Yes. Just install it.

1. Install apache from here
2. Change conf/httpd.conf
line Define SRVROOT "/Apache24" to Define SRVROOT "{your_apache_install_folder}" (Should end in Apache24)
3. Using command prompt run bin/httpd.exe (Read readme_first.html for instructions on starting/stopping/adding to scheduler)
4. In browser url type "localhost" (This should show you the html page htdocs/index.html)
5. If you copy your project into htdocs you should be able to run it by;
localhost/myproject/myhtml.html
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2020 02:04 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2020 04:33
Cool man, I will give that a try on a separate offline rig.

You make it sound a lot simpler than all the docs I came across before.

Thanks

EDIT

DUDE!!! THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH FOR THOSE INSTRUCTIONS!!!!!

I was able to run my PHP stuff with XAMPP when clicking on the html webpages that had the forms, once I had them in that htdocs (and my sub folder in there).

When I had tried the HTML5 pages for my AppGameKit builds, they kept giving me that error. So, I had given up and was doing the upload to test thing.

However, once I followed your instruction in #5 by typing the file path in the browser, rather than opening the page by clicking it, it works fine.

So, I did not have to do another install because the XAMPP works fine now when I type the path in the address bar instead of clicking the html file to open it.

I had been using XAMPP, because it has an installer and was easy to get up and running rather than installing Apache manually.

Of course, I only tested a quick simple build, but the error is gone, and the build is working!

Thank you very much for helping me discover my user error!!!

blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2020 04:56
No worries. Good luck with your HTML stuff!
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2020 14:23 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2020 14:24
lol

I stayed up until 3 am last night working on converting one of my very first games that I made with AppGameKit to make the transition from Android controls to HTML5.

There is still a lot of work because it used a bunch of HTTP stuff for high scores, but that will be easy enough to just comment out.

I did run into a slight problem when using XAMPP and FIREFOX though, so I thought I had better explain the solution here in case anybody is trying this local testing out for the first time like me.

When I ran a second test on my game, the browser kept pulling up the old page even though I had completely replaced all of the files correctly.

It seems that FireFox liked to pull that page from history rather than loading the new file, even when hitting the refresh button.

The solution was to hit the bookmarks tab to pull up the side bar, and then select the history and view that with most recent.

Once I saw the page in the history it was a simple matter of right clicking it and selecting "Forget about this site", which clears that from the history without affecting the other history paths.

The only drawback then is having to type the entire path over again (but a text file of the path for copy/paste avoids that too), since it is no longer in the browsers history.

Anyway, just thought I would mention that for anyone finding this thread and giving a try to run an Apache Server locally and using FireFox as their browser.

Have Fun Everyone!

blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2020 00:59 Edited at: 4th Mar 2020 01:11
Yeah sure, that is fine for those of you with unlimited bandwidth.

However, for those of us in the boonies that only have ISP options that charge dearly for bandwidth usage, downloading the same page over and over if no changes have been made is a terrible waste.

Quote: "You can use Ctrl + F5 to force Firefox to download the latest files. Just hold down the Control Key and press the F5 key (or click the refresh button)."

Again, the refresh button wasn't doing what it was supposed to. (Maybe the XAMPP, I don't know, but it usually will refresh)

So I just thought I would mention the old manual way if anyone else had the same problem I did, and wanted the simple fix that affects nothing else.

Thanks for the info though.

Now everyone can choose what is best for their situation.

blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2020 01:50
Haha! Ok then

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 01:35:04
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 01:35:04