Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Particle Editor editor files

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
The manual states that when the export option for an effect is enabled, a file for use within the AppGameKit editor is saved along with the runtime. I don't see that when using export.
GaborD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2019 19:18 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2019 19:20
The effect is saved as editor-retweakable files in the effects folder, the checkbox doesn't change this. It just enables an additional export with the packed runtime images and file to the export folder.
This is in order to keep the runtime files and the main effect files that you will most likely be tweaking/overwriting more often separate. Makes it easier to grab all the exported runtime files to copy them to projects.
If this is not the case for you, please send more info so that it can be looked into.
greycheek
Years of Service
User Offline
All I see in the effects folder is something with an ".afx" extension which does not appear to be an editor file. I'm working in MacOS.
GaborD
Years of Service
User Offline
Those are the correct files the editor can open.
Each effect should have a .afx and 2 image files (thumbnail and painted vector field) in the effects folder.
greycheek
Years of Service
User Offline
Attached is what I see when I open the .afx file as a source file.

Just garbage.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
GaborD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2019 17:24 Edited at: 24th Nov 2019 18:16
If you want to use the exported effects in your AppGameKit projects, you copy the supplied effects folder and it's sub-folders to your project's media folder (the subfolders contain the particle geometry, shaders, noise tex, etc) and you copy the exported effect files from the editor's export folder (.arx and the corresponding images) right into this same media/effects folder of your project.
Then you just need to #include the supplied runtime AppGameKit code file and you can load, place and tweak effects with the commands from the include. (gpup_loadEffect, gpup_emitterActive, gpup_setGlobalPosition, etc.)
You don't have to manually open the effect files, the new commands will import them for you.

There is a whole demo project included with everything already in place, you could use that as starting point and just switch out the effect files depending on what you need.
Also make sure to read through the PDF file, it has instructions that should clear up the finer details.
greycheek
Years of Service
User Offline
OK, I think I get now.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 22:04:17
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 22:04:17