Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AppGameKit Version 2019.11.27

Author
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2019 14:09
I've uploaded a new version to Steam and the TGC downloads area with the following changes

* Fixed some keys not being recognised on Android physical keyboards
* Fixed SetMemblockByteSigned incorrectly truncating values to the range -127 to 128 instead of -128 to 127
* Fixed GetSpriteHitTest and GetSpriteHit not reporting the correct values when SetViewOffset is used
* Added old Android versions to the APK export dialog
* HTML5 apps can now use SaveSharedVariable and LoadSharedVariable to store persistent data in cookies
* Mac version of the IDE is now signed and can access the Documents folder on 10.15 (if allowed)
* Fixed many help file spelling mistakes
* Fixed iOS export failing during submission to Apple
* Mac apps now use a write path based on the .app filename instead of a generic name shared by all apps
* Using SetObjectShader(ID,0) on a quad will now return it to the default quad shader
* Added array.length to the valid list of debug variables
* Debug call stack will now point to the line a function was called rather than the start of the function
* Fixed SetRawMousePosition on Mac not immediately setting the new mouse position
* Fixed Google Play Games achievements not displaying a popup when you unlock an achievement

Let me know if you have any problems
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
is 3d at a stage where anything that used to be possible with DarkBasic can now be done with AppGameKit?
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2019 16:52
I don't think it will ever be 100% the same as we use OpenGL2 and OpenGLES 2.0 instead of DirectX. If there is anything in particular that you can't do then you can make a feature request.
CodeMonkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2019 18:43
Can I make a feature request to have the ability to enable Anisotropic Filtering?
www.skywaygame.com
www.facebook.com/skywaythegame
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2019 19:40
Thanks
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 28th Nov 2019 02:02
Thanks
fubarpk
fubarpk on Itch...………...https://fubarpk.itch.io/
fubarpk on googleplay..https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=fubarpk
AliceSim1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2019 15:03
AppGameKit Studio: Update Fix
Virtual Buttons
Fixed virtual button presses being offset from the button when SetViewOffset is used

https://www.thegamecreators.com/post/appgamekit-studio-20191128-latest-version-released

In Studio, this bug was corrected, in AppGameKit Classic too? I don't see the Fix here!
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2019 16:12
It should be fixed in both, I must have forgotten to add the change to both change logs
PSY
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2019 16:24
Nice, thanks !!

PSY LABS Games
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return
Abiz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2019 17:25
I want to report a bug in the 2019-11-27 version.
ScreenToWorld or SetViewOffset has a problem.
When I use SetViewOffset on part of the screen, but have FIXED to screen sprites overlaying that screen, the SetViewOffset also moves the click on the FIXED TO SCREEN sprites.

assume 16 sprites
0123456789ABCDEF which are at world coordinates, overlayed by 3 SPRITES XYZ which are fixed to screen

so in reality this shows on the screen
0123456789ABCXYZ Now when I click on X, it gives me SPRITEID = x

Now i scroll 2 (SetViewOffset move 2 sprites over)
And now the screen looks like this
23456789ABCDEXYZ Now when I click X, it gives me SPRITEID = Z

I recompiled with the 2019-09-10 version and everything works again.

xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks as always, Paul. I haven't been available much this year but appreciate all of the updates to this and Studio.

Quote: "If there is anything in particular that you can't do then you can make a feature request."

I still have hopes some day for an equivalent to DBP's "lock pixels" command set for the fastest real-time updating and pixel manipulation. In 2013 I posted a request of this, and you had commented back then:

Quote: "3) bind the image to the render buffer and draw to it using DrawLine or sprites, AppGameKit does not yet support this.

Each method is faster than the previous and I hope at some point that AppGameKit will support the third and fastest method."

Maybe something like this exists now and I'm just not aware.
DavidAGK
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Something screwy is happening on this build related to getspritehit - my screen buttons are no longer registering hits - I think... "Fixed GetSpriteHitTest and GetSpriteHit not reporting the correct values when SetViewOffset is used" might be the culprit and I think Abiz might be right....

Any chance of a quick fix?
Using Tier 1 AppGameKit V2
Started coding with AMOS (Thanks Francois Lionet)
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2019 13:19
Is anyone on the Mac having issues with this version just appearing on the dock and then disappearing. Not getting far enough to open it? 2019.09.27 works fine for me.
OryUI - A WIP AGK2 UI Framework
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2019 14:43
Quote: " the SetViewOffset also moves the click on the FIXED TO SCREEN sprites"

Quote: "Something screwy is happening on this build related to getspritehit - my screen buttons are no longer registering hits - I think"

In the Build->Build Options menu can you check that the path to the compiler is pointing to the 2019-11-27 version? Usually it automatically updates to the latest version but I forgot to change the value in this build that makes it change that string. Everything seems to work here with GetSpriteHit and SetViewOffset using the latest versions.

Quote: "I still have hopes some day for an equivalent to DBP's "lock pixels" command"

Unfortunately that command is only really useful in software renderers, since everything is on the GPU these days there is no direct access to the pixels. The closest you can get is by creating an image memblock and then transferring the data to an image, which moves the data to the GPU. Or as you mention from my previous reply, get the GPU to draw the changes directly onto the image using the DrawLine/DrawBox/DrawEllipse commands, this is supported in the current version of AppGameKit using the SetRenderToImage command.

Quote: "Is anyone on the Mac having issues with this version just appearing on the dock and then disappearing."

Is this with the Steam or TGC version? It is possible it is a signing issue, it all works here but that might be because my machine created it.
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2019 16:58
Quote: "Is this with the Steam or TGC version? It is possible it is a signing issue, it all works here but that might be because my machine created it."

It's the TGC version. I'll try and download again later. I know it paused/stopped downloading several times due to wi-fi signal and closing my laptop etc. but that shouldn't really be an issue. I haven't tried the latest Studio.
Abiz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2019 19:43
Quote: "In the Build->Build Options menu can you check that the path to the compiler is pointing to the 2019-11-27 version? Usually it automatically updates to the latest version but I forgot to change the value in this build that makes it change that string. Everything seems to work here with GetSpriteHit and SetViewOffset using the latest versions."

I will check this. But that wouldn't be the issue if it works in 2019-09-10, but doesn't in 2019-11-27.
I will let you know.
James
Abiz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2019 19:56
Quote: "Quote: "In the Build->Build Options menu can you check that the path to the compiler is pointing to the 2019-11-27 version? Usually it automatically updates to the latest version but I forgot to change the value in this build that makes it change that string. Everything seems to work here with GetSpriteHit and SetViewOffset using the latest versions."

I will check this. But that wouldn't be the issue if it works in 2019-09-10, but doesn't in 2019-11-27.
I will let you know.
James"

I checked and everything is OK since the new executable installed in the same folder.
What I think happened, is that in old versions it didn't work well, but we programmed around that, and now that the bug is fixed that work-around code is not working anymore.
I will check and give an update to the forum.

James
DavidAGK
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
I also installed over the old version (ie into the same folder). I've now uninstalled that and done a clean install and the issue remains. Unlike Abiz, I've never had any issues nor coded around any bugs in this area - all fine up to 2019.09.27 (the last version I installed).

In 2019.09.27 this line of code SpriteHit = GetSpriteHit(ScreenToWorldX(GetRawMouseX()),ScreenToWorldY(GetRawMouseY())) returns accurate sprite numbers
In 2019.11.27 the above line of code only returns zero, even when a hit should be registered.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2019 14:52
Quote: " SpriteHit = GetSpriteHit(ScreenToWorldX(GetRawMouseX()),ScreenToWorldY(GetRawMouseY()))"

That line should be SpriteHit = GetSpriteHit(GetRawMouseX(),GetRawMouseY()) since AppGameKit does the conversion to world space if the sprite is not fixed to the screen, which is what it was failing to do in the previous version.

Quote: "Mac having issues with this version just appearing on the dock and then disappearing"

Is there anyone else with a Mac able to confirm if it is working or crashing for them?
Bengismo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2019 18:42 Edited at: 3rd Dec 2019 18:44
Paul

1) The download users of AppGameKit do not get the updated AppGameKit plugin template (Example Plugin.zip) ...we get an old 2017 copy shipped with AppGameKit and have no access to the newer and more comprehensive versions of AGKLibraryCommands.h or AGKLibraryCommands.cpp. If a user has the download version and doesnt have studio, they literally have no access to the latest version.

This means we cant use any commands in the plugin that have been added if it was after 2017. Can you update the Example Plugin that is shipped please?? Additionally, the plugin that is linked to here could also do with being the latest too.

2) [BUG]When fixing a sprite to a 2Dskeleton which is itself fixed to the screen, the Sprite is no longer attached correctly and doesnt move with the skeleton. The Screen ViewOffset doesnt get applied. Can this be fixed too?
DavidAGK
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "That line should be SpriteHit = GetSpriteHit(GetRawMouseX(),GetRawMouseY()) since AppGameKit does the conversion to world space if the sprite is not fixed to the screen, which is what it was failing to do in the previous version."

Ha ha! So I was doing a work around without even knowing it! I'll fix and upgrade - thanks for helping out.

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2019 17:32
Quote: "The download users of AppGameKit do not get the updated AppGameKit plugin template"

Thanks, fixed for the next version

Quote: "Additionally, the plugin that is linked to here could also do with being the latest too"

I have updated the file on the website

Quote: "When fixing a sprite to a 2Dskeleton which is itself fixed to the screen, the Sprite is no longer attached correctly"

If you also fix the sprite to the screen then it should work. Fixing to screen just makes it use a different coordinate system, so if the skeleton is using one coordinate system whilst the sprite is using another then they won't match up.
Abiz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2019 17:48
Quote: "That line should be SpriteHit = GetSpriteHit(GetRawMouseX(),GetRawMouseY()) since AppGameKit does the conversion to world space if the sprite is not fixed to the screen, which is what it was failing to do in the previous version."

So, this means that we would never use the ScreenToWorld function anymore?

Is the same true for clicking an EDITBOX? (I had the same SetViewOffset issue there)

Thanks Paul, as always.
Bengismo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2019 19:25 Edited at: 4th Dec 2019 19:34
Quote: "If you also fix the sprite to the screen then it should work. Fixing to screen just makes it use a different coordinate system, so if the skeleton is using one coordinate system whilst the sprite is using another then they won't match up."

EDIT: Sorry...i missread that first time round. So attaching it to the skeleton and to the screen both at once does the job to keep it aligned. Great!
Thanks for the fixes!!
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2019 00:03 Edited at: 5th Dec 2019 00:05
Same thing after redownloading. It bounces in the dock once or twice and then disappears. (Mac version)
AliceSim1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2019 08:12
AGK works for me on macOS 10.15.1 Catalina, yes.

In previous versions Mojave and Sierra ... AppGameKit does not work, the editor does not open ...
(Tested on VMware virtual machine)
DavidAGK
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Edit boxes fixed to screen with view offset don't work on this build - you can't click on the edit boxes as the "hit" is offset by the viewoffset.

I've changed all my code now so I'm a bit stuffed on this one! Any chance of a quick fix?
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2019 15:32
Quote: "Same thing after redownloading. It bounces in the dock once or twice and then disappears. (Mac version)"

If you try to open it from the terminal do you get any error messages, browse to the folder containing the .app file and use the following command to run it
./AppGameKit.app/Contents/MacOS/geany

Quote: "Is the same true for clicking an EDITBOX? (I had the same SetViewOffset issue there)"

Quote: "Edit boxes fixed to screen with view offset don't work on this build"

I've fixed this for the next version
DavidAGK
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I've fixed this for the next version"
Great! When do you think that will be out? Just planning what tasks I should do next Don't force me to do more graphics work! Argh!
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2019 22:28
Quote: "So, this means that we would never use the ScreenToWorld function anymore? "

Good point, the help does say this should be used to convert pointer coordinates into world coordinates which is what GetSpriteHit is supposed to work with, so I might revert my previous change so ScreenToWorld is required when using SetViewOffset.

Quote: "When do you think that will be out?"

Hopefully before Christmas
DavidAGK
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
If you're going to revert it would be super useful for me to know - I'm stuck in limbo right now with some changes made but edit boxes not working. If you're going to revert to needing ScreenToWorld then I'll change back to the old code and go back to a previous version of AppGameKit that works until the new one is out.

Andykn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2019 23:17
Hello

HTML5 Export is not Working, and bring error in Brower FireFox,Chrome Edge javascript Error..
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2019 09:56 Edited at: 9th Dec 2019 09:56
Quote: "Good point, the help does say this should be used to convert pointer coordinates into world coordinates which is what GetSpriteHit is supposed to work with, so I might revert my previous change so ScreenToWorld is required when using SetViewOffset."

That would be great if you can revert it as my app uses SetViewOffset for each screen. I attempted to remove ScreenToWorld from all of my code and OryUI but some bits still didn't work and didn't have time to figure it out so I reverted back to code where they were included. As 2019.11.27 doesn't work for me yet I've reverted back to 2019.05.22 and having to skip testing in the Player.

Quote: "If you try to open it from the terminal do you get any error messages, browse to the folder containing the .app file and use the following command to run it
./AppGameKit.app/Contents/MacOS/geany"

I'll try this tonight. Someone mentioned above that it works on the latest version of OS X but because my MacBook Pro is old I can no longer update to the latest OS X. Hopefully that's not the issue. The last version I can open is 2019.09.27 but I don't use that because iOS export doesn't work.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2019 14:30
Quote: "If you're going to revert it would be super useful for me to know"

It has been reverted for the next version, ScreenToWorld will be required when using GetSpriteHit with a touch or mouse position.

Quote: "HTML5 Export is not Working, and bring error in Brower FireFox,Chrome Edge javascript Error"

It seems all the browsers now refuse to run local scripts, the files will need to be uploaded to a server to run.

Quote: "Someone mentioned above that it works on the latest version of OS X but because my MacBook Pro is old I can no longer update to the latest OS X"

The only change to the latest version is that the .app file is now signed and notarized by Apple, which they are beginning to require, but I think that should still work on older versions of MacOS
Andykn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2019 18:08
Hello Paul
I upload to my serverr, and working fine Thanks for help
Bengismo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2019 19:08
Sorry, Its a really minor thing...but the following commands are in the "shadows" section of the commands

GetObjectAlpha()
GetObjectColorBlue()
GetObjectColorGreen()
GetObjectColorRed()

So basically....in wrapper.cpp

//****f* 3D/Shadows/GetObjectAlpha

Should be.....

//****f* 3D/Objects/GetobjectAlpha etc....

Thanks!
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2019 20:43 Edited at: 9th Dec 2019 20:47
This is the message I get trying to access geany via terminal

Applications $ ./AGK2.2019.11.27.app/Contents/MacOS/geany
dyld: Symbol not found: ____chkstk_darwin
Referenced from: /Applications/AGK2.2019.11.27.app/Contents/MacOS/geany-bin (which was built for Mac OS X 10.15)
Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
in /Applications/AGK2.2019.11.27.app/Contents/MacOS/geany-bin
Abort trap: 6

Looks like I do need the latest version of OS X. I'll have to stick with 2019.05.22 for as long as I can. My OS X version is: 10.13.6. I can't go higher then that now without replacing the machine.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2019 22:56
Quote: "the following commands are in the "shadows" section of the commands"

Well spotted, fixed for the next version

Quote: "This is the message I get trying to access geany via terminal"

Thanks, that gives me something to go on, I'll see if I can find a fix for it
DavidAGK
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Just a quick thank you for all the feedback and ongoing support. Have a good day!
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2019 16:58
Quote: "This is the message I get trying to access geany via terminal"

Can you try replacing the file "AppGameKit.app/Contents/MacOS/geany-bin" with the attached version? You may also need to delete the _CodeSignature folder since the signature won't match this new version. Deleting that folder will make it an unsigned app. If it still doesn't work then try running it in the command line again and seeing if you get something different.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2019 17:37
I'll definitely try that tonight and will let you know if it works or not.
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2019 20:36 Edited at: 11th Dec 2019 20:39
This is what I get when I delete the code signature folder and replacing the bin file

Check with the developer to make sure AGK2.2019.11.27b works with this version of macOS. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and macOS.

Click Report to see more detailed information and send a report to Apple.

And it looks like the same error when running it from terminal

dyld: Symbol not found: ____chkstk_darwin
Referenced from: /Applications/AGK2.2019.11.27a.app/Contents/MacOS/geany-bin (which was built for Mac OS X 10.15)
Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
in /Applications/AGK2.2019.11.27a.app/Contents/MacOS/geany-bin
Abort trap: 6

I created copies of it hence the a and b at the end of the filenames

By the way as my laptop is about 8 years old now I'm not expecting you to support it if you can't find a quick fix. I need to get a new one in the New Year some time so in the meantime I'll stick with an older version of AGK. Thanks for trying though
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2019 14:37
Ok, it seems when we updated XCode it now tries to do stack checking by default (chkstk_darwin) which isn't available on older versions of MacOS. There is an even newer version of XCode just released so I'll update to that for the next version and see if it changes anything.
funkyChris
Years of Service
User Offline
For your information, the bug is still present on the Steam version, (the one that is on sale right now), and on the Steam page, the system requirements for the app is OSX 8.
I just bought it (for my child), and it won't run either on OSX 11 (children's laptop) or on OSX 13 (mine's), contrary to what's written on the Steam page.

Did you find a workaround?
xGEKKOx
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2020 18:21
Sorry if i write it here too... returning to forum after some years

Hi all, testing the new AppGameKit for MAC....
There is a problem...

AVPlayer or WebView make AppGameKit flicker, if i use SWAP before RENDER it not flick but i think is not a good idea.

Nobody found this issue?
SFSW
Years of Service
User Offline
CodeMonkey wrote: "Can I make a feature request to have the ability to enable Anisotropic Filtering?"

Just wanted to post an option for this common request that is currently available. You can enable anisotropic filtering in your display device's control panel and it will effect your compiled programs running in AGKV2's OpenGL render path (and probably Studio's also, just haven't tested it yet). So your projects can at least look better locally that way. Obviously, having an internally selectable option in code would still be important in the end as a standard feature. Also, the Vulkan renderer in AGKStudio has a nice anisotropic filtering mode enabled by default. Anisotropic is just needed for OpenGL.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 13:50:01
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 13:50:01