Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSC vs GameGuru (+Free GameGuru Steam Keys, if allowed)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2019 18:59
Its been ages since posting here.
The Winter weather is coming in, therefore my work (Carpentry, Plumbing, Drywall, etc..) is going to slow down quite a bit.

And so, I've decided that I'll spend this Winter in either FPSC or GameGuru.
I left the forums before GameGuru's full release (I believe), even though I was a "backer".

Having been away from the forums so long can I get some FPSC vs GameGuru feedback?

** For the mods.
Also, I have a few keys left after redeeming the one key I need.
Am I allowed to give them away here?
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2019 22:03
That Guy John It's been awhile, nice to see you again
Well fpsc has made big leaps with the Black Ice mod. If your not familiar with Black Ice the main thread is at the top of this forum.
Do check it out, has had a lot of improvements and is rock solid stable now with V10.5 and up. A must have mod for fpsc right now

Also, with the forum slowing down most members still using fpsc have signed up with "FPSC Discord" server. A lot is happening there.
A very big !!! update for Black Ice mod is coming very soon (maybe x-mas? maybe?) with a lot of extras. MP is being worked on again
and has it's own servers now. Read more about it at Discord ( couple months out yet )
Note: to JOIN discord I believe I have to send you an invite ? Just let me or someone here know so we can send you a link.

Xplosys ( if you recall him ) has made some great extra tools/programs for fpsc.
Also: check out Wolf's new game release! A terrific fps shooter that's probably one of the best made with fpsc to date.
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/225354
My games never have bugs.... they just Explosys's

** WHERES MY YELLOW BUTTON ? **
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 4th Dec 2019 22:36 Edited at: 4th Dec 2019 22:36
Quote: "And so, I've decided that I'll spend this Winter in either FPSC or GameGuru. "

I'm so sorry.

But given that choice I would go with FPSC. Of course you have the ability to try both and make a more informed decision.
I would imagine that the feedback here will be minimal. As ncmako so kindly stated, the forum is slowing down (translation: DEAD) and there are just a few members left.
In either case... Happy Game Making!
Supermarket Killer: I got a bomb here! I'll kill her! I'll blow this whole place up!
Marion Cobretti: Go ahead. I don't shop here.
Pvt.Dan
Years of Service
User Offline
Nein, the forum has to live!

And well, in my opinion, FPS Creator clearly has the high ground, do not underestimate its power.
Medal of Honor
That Guy John
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2019 15:15
Sounds like I'll be sticking with FPSC and possibly dive into Black Ice and get myself up to speed.

ncmako, sending PM for the Discord invite.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 15:44:06
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 15:44:06