Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / X-Quad Editor Return ? DarkBasic Professional ? AppGameKit ?

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2019 19:46
Hello everyone.

My presence on the TGC forums is really sporadic ...
I like to have many projects on the pipe that I work on ...
Many are on standby and some in progress ..
When a project bored me, I work on other ones ... And later I came back to the previous one..

It's the case to my conversion of 2DPluginKIT + eXtends to a better PluginKIT system for AppGameKIT.
But this post is not for these but for XQuadEditor...
I gave it a retry .... As DarkAI & DarkPhysics are incompatible with Windows 10, I've entirely removed them from XQuadEditor source code.
I have also reinstalled DarkBASIC Professional up to latest 7.7 release (are there some new ones ?)
I recompiled XQuadEditor ... And it run on my main computer based on Windows 7.
I have a small laptop (I get few times ago for at least 80€ (the price to repair it :p) with a radeon 8Gb ram and Windows 10 .... I tried XQuadEditor on it and ... IT RUN perfectly !
No needs for Compatibility Mode ... Nor Admin mode (erf... my computer account is admin account ... ) .. It run without the need to change properties to the XQuadEditor.exe file.

My questions are now for the future ..
I think to re-release a build of it but I must now clean the Game Engine source code as it uses DarkAI for enemies movements and some DarkPhysics stuffs .. And those 2 plugins must be removed.
I question myself on what I should do ...
- Release an Editor only + basic AppGameKit + DarkBASIC Professional source code to load levels ? So anyone can make its own Game engine like he want ...
- Rewrite the IA for enemies (must found an A* engine source code or algorithm for DBPro & AppGameKit ) and provide Editor + Game Engine like in the past...
As everything should take times .... Does some people may be ready to support the project or not ?
I wait for your feedbacks ...

Regards,
Fred

Windows 10 snapshot of current XQuadEditor test :

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Kuper
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Planescape:Torment
Posted: 15th Dec 2019 05:01
1)
Quote: " DarkAI & DarkPhysics are incompatible with Windows 10"

they cannot be compiled or just crash .exe file?
2)A* engine can be find here, as plugin. https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/92836
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2019 09:24 Edited at: 15th Dec 2019 09:25
Hello Kuper,

Concerning DarkAI, I get a "Cannot load DarkAI.dll" on running.
Concerning DarkPHYSICS i did experience crashs.

Regards,
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2019 12:34 Edited at: 15th Dec 2019 12:35
Hi,

I was able to makes the Editor run on Windows 10 with DarkPHYSICS and DarkAI in
As the editor does not really uses DarkPHYSICS & DarkAI, I must now check a 2nd thing :
I must now be able to run the GameEngine.exe with them too.
For that, I have to check my XQuadEditor.dll, eXtends & PurePlugin system to be sure everything is up to date and working together.

Regards,
Fred

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 15:22:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 15:22:34