Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / [SOLVED] GetHTTPFileProgress File Size

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2019 14:52
I'm doing my own game updater with AppGameKit Studio.

What's the max file size for GetHTTPFileProgress to work with GetHTTPFile?

https://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/Reference/HTTP/GetHTTPFile.htm

Both examples are working for small files but tried a bigger one and GetHTTPFileProgress remains to zero until the end.

Thanks!

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

JasonPC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2019 14:57
I've been using it with ~2MB photos. Are you sure your code is actually using the GetHTTPFileProgress correctly? Small files could arrive before the progress reflects it (I've not checked this, but could see that happening).

What does your debugging say?
nonom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2019 15:31 Edited at: 29th Dec 2019 18:16
Probably the best idea is to download it file to file or split the zip. I'll try.
janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2019 18:56
Never had this problem.
Maybe cause I didn't send big files, anyhow this smal and simple code is what I made back then:
nonom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2019 19:33
Maybe sending big files is not the best idea because you need to update all of the files , and/or resume the download if crashed. I think i was wrong trying to get a first install "concept" instead an update way.

I will get a list of the files and download one by one, who I thinks will not exceed 5-10MB as max per file. then it could be helpful in the future update a single file with the same updater or add new ones.

Thanks, @janbo that's a really elegant solution , but probably my problem is not related with AGK.
Santman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2019 15:31
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
My world builder uses a launcher that downloads and updates the program, it handles a 250mb plus file no issue.....so it's not that.

Does the hosting site have a file size limit?
nonom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2020 14:33 Edited at: 1st Jan 2020 15:08
I think it's a problem from the server; but since I want to update different files, I'm going to download and verify file by file; it let's me to be more selective in every update.

Thanks for your feedback mates.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 13:20:37
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 13:20:37