Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Font rendering in the IDE (ubuntu 18.04)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
This is only a small annoyance but it bothers me every time I load up the IDE - the font rendering seems pretty bad. I don't know if it's just a linux thing and they render well in windows (i don't think they do judging from the agk youtube videos) but I have tried loads of fonts at all sizes and none of them render well. I use ubuntu 18.04 and if I have gnome-terminal set to the same font as the IDE it looks beautiful in the terminal but awful in agk:studio. I sometimes have chrome and agk:studio open at the same time and the difference in font rendering is really noticeable. I checked it vs the godot IDE and that seems to render the fonts perfectly.

I don't know why but it is something that really gets on my nerves. I have just started to dive into agk again to make some android games and this is my only complaint about it. I love the new IDE apart from this issue!

Check the screenshot, this is using the Terminus font. No matter the size I choose it always renders poorly.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 21:39:50
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 21:39:50