Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / Mac performance ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2020 00:25
Since there is no Mac demo (hint, hint) , I have to ask... is there anyone out there running AppGameKit Studio on a Mac and if so, how is the performance?

The last time I tried the AppGameKit Studio beta, which admittedly was a very early one, it ate up a sizable chunk of CPU on my MacBook Air. This concerns me, especially since the visual editor did the same thing to the point where my fan was running all the time.

Wishing there was a Mac demo so I could see for myself...

Thanks,

Phil
Qube_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2020 01:39
I use AppGameKit Studio on an iMac and have never heard the fan(s) kick in. Not sure what happens on a MacBook though. I do have a MacBook Pro which I could test it on if that's any help? - I also have a MacBook Air but it's an old 4GB thing.
pjsmith67
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2020 01:49

Yes, that would be helpful. Forgot to mention that my current laptop is a MacBook Pro.

Thanks!

Phil
Qube_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2020 02:32
No problems, I'll give it a whirl later today and see what happens with the fans.
Qube_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2020 02:52
Out of curiosity I thought I'd give it a whirl.

MacBook Pro Mid 2014 - i7 CPU - 16GB RAM - 256GB SSD - macOS Catalina

AGK Studio IDE between 4% and 9% CPU depending on what you're doing ( no fan madness )

AGK Studio open and running my ZX Collection game ( shameless plug ) https://www.syntaxbomb.com/index.php/topic,5413.0.html - Still no fan madness

So overall, even though it's not a huge test I can happily say that AppGameKit Studio on a MacBook Pro doesn't set the fans into helicopter mode
bigtunacan
Years of Service
User Offline
I run it on a MacBook Pro and leave it running in the background while doing other stuff constantly. Never been an issue. My MacBook Pro has 8GB ram and is about 2 years old.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 22:33:03
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 22:33:03