Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK 3D object creation system

Author
User Banned
Posted: 15th Feb 2020 22:55
Hi

Thought to individualise my projects to seperate threads as suggested before now, which makes total sense

So uploading the 3D modeller, which was insprired with Autodesk Inventor (of which i work for now) - just give you all some inspirations things are put together via algorythms

This is no way finished, far from it,

If anyone like to see differnt things on it, then shout. but this is my way of building a 3D Object Modelling system - similar to Blender

Code is free for you to self destruct as you see fit for your programming ways.

Will send constructive updates periodically.

Enjoy

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mesher
User Banned
Posted: 16th Feb 2020 00:06
I will sort the programmers nightmare of "Gimbal Lock" eventually, this is just about ordering the rotations on each of the planes XY / XZ / YZ etc and Eualer Rotations

Its just similar to order of precidence of maths without () brackets.. * comes first before + and / comes 1st before - etc

Meaning need to rotate one axis first and then a second axis (in one go) to complete a good rotation.

Anyway
Mesher
User Banned
Posted: 16th Feb 2020 16:43
Excellent, after pain staking figuring out, i think we got there with the spring

My mind is painful after working that one out, I need rest now

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mesher
User Banned
Posted: 18th Feb 2020 23:58
I think its about time I sincerely apologies to all the *rubbish* (could say worse). I was going through abit of *rubbish* (could say worse) with family long time ago and depression was a killer to my soul - no love etc

Im on the right track now.
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2020 00:00
No worries matey. That 3D app is looking pretty good
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 19th Feb 2020 01:58
you create some good work Mesher just try and exercise more control in the future
there are many people waiting to see if you will lose the plot again not just the Mods
which in my opinion would be sad.

fubarpk on Itch...………...https://fubarpk.itch.io/
fubarpk on googleplay..https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=fubarpk
Mesher
User Banned
Posted: 19th Feb 2020 08:35
Thanks for that - Ill always keep focussed and motivated on the task in hand instead off flying off on a weird peculiarities tangent.

Over next weekend, i will concentrate on the Import/Export functions of which will enable the option to load OBJ (any OBJ inc Kenny models) with the use of MTL files and

export them with the MTL creation too

and also if i get time, will do some UV mapping work - but in all honestly that be more for another full weekend but we shall see.

Still lots to acheive with this and be a nice project to fully complete one day.
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 19th Feb 2020 09:19 Edited at: 19th Feb 2020 09:20
good job with this , if you work with the inventor of Autodesk, that must be amazing...
Professional Programmer, languages: SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, DBPro, Purebasic, JavaScript, others
Mesher
User Banned
Posted: 19th Feb 2020 10:47
Thanks - I started this week as a home working Autodesk Software Developer of which I programmatically create tools and addons with Inventor, Revit, Autocad and Vault so my life dream passion has finally come true.

fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 19th Feb 2020 12:19
Great job you will learn lots

fubarpk on Itch...………...https://fubarpk.itch.io/
fubarpk on googleplay..https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=fubarpk
Mesher
User Banned
Posted: 19th Feb 2020 20:19
Thanks again

Hey guys, have any of you have awful issues with GitHub to get round its functionality - nightmare and not a pleasant experience.

I use:-

BitBucket (an engine on top on GitHub repositories)
and
SourceTree (to post and pull)

Just like to share those thoughts, i find these two a lot easier to get around and very easy to use.

blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2020 20:46
GitHub desktop worked for me. Although i think the problem is with GitHub. Quite often, for no good reason, i find myself having to re-download the entire repository.
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 19th Feb 2020 21:45
Sourcetree works for me, didn't really like bitbucket etc
Professional Programmer, languages: SAS, C++, SQL, PL-SQL, DBPro, Purebasic, JavaScript, others
Mesher
User Banned
Posted: 23rd Feb 2020 20:08
Hello

Here is an OBJ loader which loads and works out the MTL file.

Also Kenny has some updated 3D stuff

https://kenney.nl/assets?q=3d

Just need to change the line on 95

models.insert("models\suv.obj")

to a model of your choice - i have added some into the media folder from Kenny to have a play around with.

Catch up next weekend

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 09:10:12
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 09:10:12