Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Studio Chat / How to setup CodeBlocks with Tier2 libraries?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi.

I'm only getting started with C++ and I'm using Code::Blocks IDE because it is cross platform, light weight and fast.
I learned the basics of C++ including some OOP, I did write some simple terminal and GTK applications and now I would like to move on to games.
After looking through all the options available for C++, I decided I would like to use AppGameKit Studio Tier2 libs, but I have no idea how to set this up. I did link the libs in the project setting but I'm only getting an error message saying header files are missing when I try to build it which is true but I can not find those header files anywhere in the Tier2 folder of Studio.

Of course I can go and use VS, but it is extremely heavy on my system, takes about 15 minutes to launch, an other 10 minutes to open a project and an other century to compile and run and my CPU runs at 100% and the fans are very loud. Really annoying so I would like to stick with Code::Blocks.
If not Code::Blocks then I am also considering VS Code if anyone would have any idea how to set that one up with AppGameKit would be great.

I would appreciate any help.
Thanks.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 16:27:36
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 16:27:36