Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Stuttering issue with PlayVideo tier 1 wmv

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

I'm working on a game and trying to add some tutorial videos.

First of all App game kit runs fine on the older laptop (Toshiba Satelite C655D, AMD E-240, 1.50 GHz, 4.00 GB ram win 7 64bit, Radeon HD6310) which I am developing on. The game itself in all its aspects also runs fine. However I added a short video (wmv) file for testing purposes before working on the video tutorials and when playing the video from in the game there is significant video / audio stuttering. When playing the video in windows (outside the game) it runs fine. So next I tried to run the game from desktop E8600 dual core 8 GB ram and no stuttering. Since the game runs fine on lower specs and I would like to have embedded videos and allow Steam users with lower spec windows PC/Laptops to purchase and run the game is there any other ideas why the stuttering is happening other than CPU or RAM on my laptop?

Any comments appreciated,

Thanks!
brunuu
Years of Service
User Offline

my old laptop has specifications very similar to that.

And yes, this CPU and GPU can have some complications in processing videos.

what you can try is to lower the resolution of the video to 800x600

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 10:45:58
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 10:45:58