Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Windows / Multiple IP addr

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi everyone,
there are multiple network cards on my computer, including some virtual ones: when I request the IP address, the first one is always returned to me, which is not that of the physical card connected to the network. How is it possible to have the complete list of network cards, their addresses and determine the one connected to the internet?
I have made some attempts between mobile device and pc and even attempting an intranet multiplayer creation : HostNetwork (szNetworkName, szMyName, port) is not found.
Some idea?
Thank you
nz0
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2020 02:51 Edited at: 8th Mar 2020 02:54
Is this going to be just for windows or other platforms?
If just for windows, you could execute an external windows command or something to interrogate your IP stack and extract the internet connected NIC
TamBam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2020 20:42
don't host in your own PC . create free server on AWS server and you can make your server global
see my tutorial : https://youtu.be/ja9HenlU9ho . this video on bengali language so if you con't understand voice then just watch carefully you will understand
SFSW
Years of Service
User Offline
Mendo wrote: "there are multiple network cards on my computer, including some virtual ones: when I request the IP address, the first one is always returned to me, which is not that of the physical card connected to the network. How is it possible to have the complete list of network cards, their addresses and determine the one connected to the internet?"

First, to poll local network devices and retrieve their (local) addresses on Windows:

The 'Name' array will hold the names of each device and the 'IP' array will hold their addresses. From there, you can connect to any of the available local addresses to bind a network connection to a desired device.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 10:25:37
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 10:25:37