Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Always wanted some jungle funky plants? Heres how to do them ;p

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2020 18:51 Edited at: 25th Feb 2020 23:21
First of all, allow me to introduce myself to the forum, its my first topic here, but i made a few fpsc projects years ago

Soo, as we all know Fps Creator is VERY limited when it comes to open spaces, let alone grass, plants and foliage... We got a lot of grass and tree models, even whole model packs, but nobody ever uses them. Ya know - foliage and grass models are very fps consuming AND on top of that, often they are bulletproof, even with dedicated scripts. Soo here is my awnser :
Take one of your standard overlays, and change its texture to >whatever you want< in png (or dds) with transparent bacground (you can find them for free, google it) and you can change the scale. And when you change main script to leavecorpse.fpi you can walk and shoot through them! (if they're dynamic of course ). Also they are great for bacground - you can put some 2d planes in the distance and you are no longer wasting your precious memory for decorations In description i put an example fpe file, cuz i don't want to confuse beginners

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebq6LgjKJbM

Here's a little video with my freshly made 2d foliage, and landscapes. As you can see these retextured merciless enemies have no problemo to navigate and shoot me through leafs... and vice versa sorry im not giving these for free, but i need it to be exclusive 4 my next fpsc game ;p

Attachments

Login to view attachments
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2020 22:26
Ghost Lol Hey the "palms" look great Really all of them do.
Nice work !
My games never have bugs.... they just Explosys's

** WHERES MY YELLOW BUTTON ? **
Ghost_LOL
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you maybe if someone who can script could modify script? I alwys wanted to have rotating grass (like on chrome engine games), if some scripter could add some lines to leavecorpse, so 2d billboard always faces player?
And could somebody explain how to paste YT links on this forum?
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2020 23:18
Ghost Lol I'm not sure what the "leavecorpse.fpi" would do ? But a "billboard" that always faces player is easy.
Just make it dynamic and a character, at least one bone attached somewhere, then use command "rotatetoplr" or "target"
Now a member named Xplosys made a very simple tool just for making billboards like this (static though)

Hey Xplosys, if you see this... is Alfresco available somewhere still ???

To do Youtube links, use the little button at the top with the drop down. You did it correct on your first post.
Just remove the " ?v= " part and keep the rest (ebq6LgjKJbM) <----- just this part is actually the video link

Ghost_LOL
Years of Service
User Offline
Tank you again ncmako Script leavecorpe makes sure that your (active) entity can be walked and shooted through - thats why it's often used as destroy script if we add line or two to make sure it also faces player than we happy, but im not good at scripting ;p
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 26th Feb 2020 01:34 Edited at: 26th Feb 2020 01:37
@ ncmako
Quote: "is Alfresco available somewhere still"

Maybe... but I don't have it any more.

@ GHOST LOL
When I made Alfresco I created 1, 2, 4 and 8 plane models. The single plane for borders and far away billboards, and the rest to be used depending on how close the player can get to them. You may notice that the plants look fine from a distance, but the 2 planes become obvious when close up. The single plane are also great for walls and fences to keep the player in bounds, and work nicely with a few trees along them to break it all up.
Supermarket Killer: I got a bomb here! I'll kill her! I'll blow this whole place up!
Marion Cobretti: Go ahead. I don't shop here.
Ghost_LOL
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2020 10:16 Edited at: 26th Feb 2020 10:17
@xplosys Hi I found one of yours Alfresco packs, and tried some of them plants, how you like my new garden?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 26th Feb 2020 14:12
Looks good.
Yes, I remember that old tractor. LOL
Be sure to place it in an inaccessible area and surrounded by many plants so it can only be seen at the correct angle.
Supermarket Killer: I got a bomb here! I'll kill her! I'll blow this whole place up!
Marion Cobretti: Go ahead. I don't shop here.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2020 17:11
Hey, they look really good. Not bad for billboards.
Yeah.... the tractor, hide it a little. Does seems off a bit.

seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2020 22:14
it's a shame classic doesn't have " working" billboard. I wonder why? (or does it have billboard? )
gamer, lover, filmmaker

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 00:43:06
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 00:43:06