Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Two quick questions about level optimisation

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have two small questions - so small that i don't think they're worth separate topics

So here i go; do you know what is up with collision modes? I know that collisionmode=0 is box collision - the most simple and best for optimisation, but what are others?

And second is about optimisation in level design - i know, that fpsC separates parts of the level by rooms, but im wondering what is better way to do that - are single walls good enough or its better to surround level with whole segment? Maybe this isn't very enlighten question ;p but i was just wondering, becouse on diffrent example levels i've seen it done both ways, and i was wondering which is better

Pvt.Dan
Years of Service
User Offline
First answer, you can find the answer here: https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/197834

Second Answer: It helps with like 1-2 FPS

Cheers
Medal of Honor
Ghost_LOL
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2020 10:37 Edited at: 29th Feb 2020 10:40
@Pvt.Dan

Thank you
"It helps with like 1-2 FPS" - you talkin' bout picture no.1 or 2? Cuz i was thinking - on first picture we have less segments, so map is smaller - so it should run better. But it's FpsC so maybe whole segment separation works better?
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2020 20:20
@ Ghost Lol I suggest you do a few test runs and see for yourself which method works better for you. Maybe even run the "debug" to get some more
info from the system. You'd be surprised just how much you learn from doing these tests. If anything, it'll help you in future projects
My games never have bugs.... they just Explosys's

** WHERES MY YELLOW BUTTON ? **
Pvt.Dan
Years of Service
User Offline
The first picture works better as there are fewer polygons on the scene, but as ncmako advised, you should try it with different methods to see which one works best
Medal of Honor

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 21:47:28
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 21:47:28