Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Anyone have full list of fpe file commands?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2020 18:50 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2020 19:16
Hi! ist me again Anoter day, another question
Quote: " ;header
desc = Crate2
;ai
aiinit = appear1.fpi
aimain = default.fpi
aidestroy = disappear1.fpi

;spawn
spawnmax = 0
spawndelay = 0
spawnqty = 0

;orientation
model = crate02a.x
offx = 0
offy = 0
offz = 0
rotx = 0
roty = 0
rotz = 0
defaultstatic = 0
scale = 100
materialindex = 4
collisionmode = 1

;statistics
strength = 7
explodable = 0
debrisshape = 5

;visualinfo
textured = crate01b.dds
effect =
castshadow = 0"

This is standard fpe file, and i can change some things here, but not all of them. Are there commands for setting the rest of entity properties like physics=on/off, physics weight and friction, always active etc... Now i can change some things, but for others i still need to go to entity properties and change them in editor every time im choosing something from library. Also i don't see how to set rate of fire for characters in fpe so im setting it every time on every new level in editor, but it would be better to set it once in fpe, if it's possible
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2020 20:45 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2020 20:50
GHOST Attached is a basic list of .fpe commands and description, one for entities and the other for npc's.
Hope it helps

*** Things like character "rate of fire" and other settings can be found in the Fpsc Manual and Syntax list in your Doc's folder
My games never have bugs.... they just Explosys's

** WHERES MY YELLOW BUTTON ? **

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Ghost_LOL
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2020 21:44 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2020 21:45
Thank you again

But this is wrong:
Quote: "materialindex = X - 0-soft, 1-stone, 2-metal, 3-wood, 4-glass, 5-liquid, 6-cloth "
wood is 4, metal is 3, and stone is 2 Don't trust manuals ;p

And there is still no rate of fire command

And this:
Quote: ";bodypartslimbinfo (1=head/2=body/3+4=armslr/5+6=legslr)

limbmax = X - X equals maxinum number of limbs
headlimbs = X,Y - X and Y equals the limbs that count as head limbs ???"

What it means? I presume that nobody really know...
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2020 00:28
GHOST
Quote: "But this is wrong"

No, sorry but it is correct. Fpsc is a bit different when using materials. Open your materials audio folder and see.
There are 19 audio material files. AND it starts with #0 (zero), so they are numbered #0-18 ( 19 total ) So when using the material command
note that file #0 is actually written as materialindex = 1, material file #3 is written as materialindex = 4 Add one to each material numbered.
Quote: "there is still no rate of fire command"

"Rate Of Fire" is in a characters property settings. This character setting in-turn is used with the command "rateoffire" ( it's in the Syntax list )

Limbmax=x Look in EVERY characters .fpe file and you will see this command lower to the bottom, JUST before the animation list.

It play a very important role.
Also look in your Tools folder. There you will find several "Limb" tools that will help you maximize character effects like when being shot, blood spurts, animation effects, hide a limb ... etc
Do a little research on this subject matter here on the forums and see what you find It will surprise you When your ready I'll tell you more

Ghost_LOL
Years of Service
User Offline
About that materials - I've tested it more than once, and i still think that Im right. But that line isn't about audio - its about bulletholes, so when im choosing 4 and shoot a thing i see wooden marks, when i choose 3 then i see sparks etc. Try it yourself
About the rest - you're right
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2020 10:15
GHOST Yes, material=3 is metal (sparks) and material=4 is wood (wood debris). Now this is for entities and segments.
It's set in the entities .fpe file as materialindex = x
Go into your Doc's folder and open the ocfpscguide.pdf , look on page #263 it explains exactly this "scorch" problem.
The Official Comm Guide has a wealth of info related to issues just like this and explains in detail how to fix them

Ghost_LOL
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2020 10:47 Edited at: 24th Mar 2020 10:48
ok i checked it out, and still im right on this one - you need to put 4 if in fpe if you want wood, 3 - metal etc... :p maybe it's counted differently in the engine, but imo theres no need for all that additional counting on the user side, when the guide could just say that wood is 4 from the start. Now it's only more confusing, becouse I don't really care what mathematical operations engine is doing... I put 4 - i see wood, I put 3 - i see sparks etc... If it would be described like that in the guide, there would be a lot less confusion
But at the end of the day - I think i get your point For more advanced users it might seem obvious, but Im not so advanced ;p
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2020 21:49
GHOST Correct... You are Correct in that wood is #4, but try and understand why I'm pushing this. The "material index list" is ALSO correct.
It's not a bug, it's the way the engine handles materials. I just want you to have that " A Ha" moment... " Now I get It !!! "
NOTE: this SAME issue will come up again when you want to use a different gun decal. The numbers are off by one.

*** From the Official Community Guide

Now gun bulletholes are on a 4x4 decal ( a total of 16 ) BUT they are numbered from 0-15. Sooo, if you want to use
bullethole #0 you have to use the command "scorchtype=1"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 03:05:29
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 03:05:29