Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / agc Files not showing up under the Project Panel

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2020 23:13
Hi, I downloaded the Shooter project as I am following along in the video tutorials. However only Main.agc shows up under the project folder in AGK. I checked and the other .agc files are in the folder but yet they do not show up within AGK.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 26th Mar 2020 23:39 Edited at: 26th Mar 2020 23:41
you need to add them to your project with the file menu
you will also need to add #include nameoffile
to run the project usually this is in main.agc

fubarpk on Itch...………...https://fubarpk.itch.io/
fubarpk on googleplay..https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=fubarpk
Elochai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2020 04:07
The includes are in the main.agc. Like I said, tese are the files from AppGameKit Video Tutorials.

The only thing I see in File is for creating new files. These are not new files. These are the files for that project.

Is there another way instead of having to recreate already created files to have them show up. You'd think every file within the project file would be listed in the side view under the project.
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 27th Mar 2020 06:01
the way I do it is using the menu file/new file and select to add to the current project
the problem I find doing it that way it overwrites the current files contents which is an
easy enough fix I just open it first in notepad then copy and paste that into the new file

There are other methods but that's my way and what files you see in the project is saved
in the agk file

Hope that helps

fubarpk on Itch...………...https://fubarpk.itch.io/
fubarpk on googleplay..https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=fubarpk
Elochai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2020 05:16
So that’s recreating files that are already created.

I guess I’ll have no other choice but to manually open each Agc file within the project folder with notepad and then create new agc files from within AppGameKit under the same project because AppGameKit doesn’t know how to load a project and all its files correctly within the program.

If any of the developers are watching this thread, please note that this is something to fix in an update. When you load a project into any coding kit, all related files within that project folder should show up within the development tool within that project to be edited or viewed. No one should have to recreate files that already exist and are sitting inside the project folder.
Brian Lancaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2020 05:51 Edited at: 15th Apr 2020 05:54
I am also really curious. I get a new tab for a new agc file, but it doesn't show up in the sidebar. Also, it seems like the sidebar only has one agc file under each project, which doesn't really make any sense.

I'm trying to have separate agc files, one for the main game, another to load all the maps, and another to load the default object properties, etc. That way in the future, if players want to mod, they can easily find the object properties agc, separated then into different functions and they won't have to mess with the main code.
Brian Lancaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2020 06:24
Oh, here you go. The only way to get the AGC files to all open with your project is to open AppGameKit file with notepad, then scroll down until you see this:

[projectfiles]
FILE_0=main.agc;-1

Then you can add other files in the same folder in notepad, like this:

[projectfiles]
FILE_0=main.agc;-1
FILE_1=globals.agc;-1
FILE_2=objects.agc;-1
FILE_3=scripts.agc;-1
FILE_4=world.agc;-1
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2020 11:37
Quote: "The only way to get the AGC files to all open with your project"

That is not the only way.
My preferred method is to pres CTRL+O or “Open Files” from the menu.
Then select all the files that are in the project.
That will open them all in the IDE but they will be above the project. Right click on each one and choose “Add file to current project”
Then save the project and they will now always open when you open the project.
Brian Lancaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2020 12:50
@Scraggle Thank you. Gotta keep em separated.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 16:55:21
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 16:55:21