Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Pixel-perfect hit detection is not that perfect :(

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello again Yesterday I was checking out Official Community Guide Part 2, and there was a tutorial how to set pixel perfect limb dedection for enemies. Ok, so I did what it says. Limb finder works great, and now my characters have that so-called pixel perfect hitbox So where is my problem? My problem is that pixel perfect hitbox feels smaller than the model itself (and I've tested it on stock characters scaled to 100, so it can't be model flaw) . Its complete opposite of the stadard hitbox which was A LOT bigger than character model. But now I feel like it's too small and a lot of my bullets go through the enemy with absolutely no damage. Another problem is that new hitbox is consuming too much fps, its probably cuz its so complicated and just too heavy for the engine. And do we really need pixel perfect hitbox for every limb? I know I don't need it ;p So Im asking you all if its possible to get something between that two hit-box models - simple collision box for the body and for the head, so we can have head-shoots. Its much simpler than pixel-perfect one, so should consume less power.
What you think is that possible?

Screen attached so you can see what I mean

Attachments

Login to view attachments
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2020 21:07 Edited at: 28th Mar 2020 21:07
GHOST I know what your getting at. Yes, hit box detection has been an issue for sometime ( For now it is what it is )
It would be nice to have something like in your pic #3, but when you say " Limb finder works great" are you referring to the Limb Finder tool in the Tools folder?
I've had some good success using it. And you made the necessary changes to the characters .fpe file after that, correct?
But getting a 10-15fps hit shouldn't happen I never had that much of a drop. I always wondered if the bone weights have something to do with it?

I wish member Bond1 was still around, he made perfect "hit zone" models and scripts to go with it.... https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/189462
My games never have bugs.... they just Explosys's

** WHERES MY YELLOW BUTTON ? **
Ghost_LOL
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2020 21:40 Edited at: 28th Mar 2020 21:40
Quote: "are you referring to the Limb Finder tool in the Tools folder?"

Yes
Quote: "And you made the necessary changes to the characters .fpe file after that, correct?"

Yes

Quote: "getting a 10-15fps hit shouldn't happen"

I know, thats, becouse on some levels i got big rooms and player is fighting with many enemies at once. With standard hit detection there was some fps drop, but I was optymising it to never drop below 30fps. Now I turned physics off in all characters on a level and it helped to regain some frames, so its playable again But anyway, thats still a problem.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 01:30:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 01:30:54